Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 11-12-2018, 02:44 PM

Default ProTools and FocusRite 2i2

I'm having problems getting my interface to speak to ProTools. I've attempted to delete and set Default on the I/O to no fix. I am getting signal on my interface, but none going to the DAW.

I have ProTools 2018.3, FocusRite 2i2 interface, and MacBook Pro OC Mojave 10.14.1.

I know can work because I recorded on it before. Now, for one reason or another, it doesn't work. Lastly, to remove any doubt, yes, I have tried to enable track to view signal in the DAW to no win.

Can anyone help?
Old 11-12-2018, 04:34 PM

Default Re: ProTools and FocusRite 2i2

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresdotcom View Post
I'm having problems getting my interface to speak to ProTools. I've attempted to delete and set Default on the I/O to no fix. I am getting signal on my interface, but none going to the DAW.

I have ProTools 2018.3, FocusRite 2i2 interface, and MacBook Pro OC Mojave 10.14.1.

I know can work because I recorded on it before. Now, for one reason or another, it doesn't work. Lastly, to remove any doubt, yes, I have tried to enable track to view signal in the DAW to no win.

Can anyone help?

Hi,

This system has worked before on Mojave? Mojave is not qualified for this version of PT

details here...
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=401210

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:07 PM

Serendipitously, I have just tested the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 on Mojave 10.14.1 and it works just fine! I am running Pro Tools 12.6. The interface functions perfectly in Pro Tools, Logic, and iTunes/system.

Have you tried using Aggregate I/O instead of the actual interface in Pro Tools? That used to work for me on 10.8.5. Make sure you reset ALL I/O settings including bus settings, not just Input/Output. You could try resetting preferences (I think there's a sticky for it here on the DUC). After that, maybe uninstall and do a clean install of Pro Tools.

That's all I can think of right now!
Old 11-12-2018, 06:08 PM

You need to enable microphone permission in macOS security and privacy preferences. This has been discussed on DUC already (so a search should have found it). I hope Avid has future supported versions of Pro Tools pop up a warning about this-should be easy to do.
Old 11-13-2018, 12:16 PM

Chris, hi. That might be what it is. Mojave not qualified for this version of PT. When I used ProTools on this laptop, I had the previous OS. Now that it's upgraded to a new OS, I cannot work with PT.

AlexLakis, interesting. Very well. I will look into your "input." Thank you, sir.

Darryl Ramm, very interesting!! I will look into this as well. Seems like that will fix the issue. Thank you as well.
Old 11-13-2018, 12:25 PM

Darryl Ramm, YOU'S THE MAN!! Thank you! Enabling microphone permissions on macOS sercuity and privacy preferences fixed the dilemma. You're a huge help. Thanks!!

Thank you all who reached out to try and help!!