Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2019, 06:13 PM

Default Tokyo Dawn TDR VOS SlickEQ GE - AD Exclusive

Audiodeluxe has a bunch of plugins on sale as an 'Exclusive Deal' for just $9.99 not the least of which is Tokyo Dawn Labs' TDR VOS SlickEQ - Gentleman's Edition.

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products...80%99s-edition

Absolutely brilliant. Big step up from the regular free version. Recommended.

Sale ends April 30.

T

PS - Also on offer; IK Multimedia T-RackS Tape Echo. It has a pretty convincing 'degradation of signal' in the feedback loop.

PPS - As an added bonus AD is giving away Metric Halo's Dirty Delay with any purchase. Do not forget to add to cart.

At work; 2013 27" iMac/i5/2.9GHz/8GB, OSX 10.8.5, PT 10.3.6

At home; Custom Made Mac (Hackintosh) i7 (3770 "Ivy Bridge")/3.4GHz/32GB@2400MHz, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB System Drive, Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250GB Audio Drive, OSX 10.10.5, PT 12.8.1
Old 04-27-2019, 04:45 AM

Default Re: Tokyo Dawn TDR VOS SlickEQ GE - AD Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy-T View Post
Audiodeluxe has a bunch of plugins on sale as an 'Exclusive Deal' for just $9.99 not the least of which is Tokyo Dawn Labs' TDR VOS SlickEQ - Gentleman's Edition.

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products...80%99s-edition

Absolutely brilliant. Big step up from the regular free version. Recommended.

Sale ends April 30.

T

PS - Also on offer; IK Multimedia T-RackS Tape Echo. It has a pretty convincing 'degradation of signal' in the feedback loop.

PPS - As an added bonus AD is giving away Metric Halo's Dirty Delay with any purchase. Do not forget to add to cart.
At this price grab the Tape Echo - I think it's one of the better Echoplex emulations out there. Not worth the $125 I paid for it a couple of years back though. Never understood why IK severely over-prices their plugins

QAPLA!
Old 04-27-2019, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
At this price grab the Tape Echo - I think it's one of the better Echoplex emulations out there. Not worth the $125 I paid for it a couple of years back though. Never understood why IK severely over-prices their plugins
What do you think of Avid Tape Echo?
The most appealing to me of this promo is PSP B-scanner 2, maybe is the chords on the demo...
Old 04-27-2019, 09:25 AM

IK Mic Room is also $9.99. Picked that up to mess around with and got Dirty Delay for free. I have more than enough tape emulations and EQ's, so i'll pass on the others, but they look cool and that's a really great price.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 04-27-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
What do you think of Avid Tape Echo?
The most appealing to me of this promo is PSP B-scanner 2, maybe is the chords on the demo...
Don't have the Avid Tape Echo so can't comment on that.

Have had the B Scanner since it came out and have used it on things other than just organ. Try it on guitar or piano (Rhodes without vibrato) or strings - brings an interesting dimension to what might be an otherwise static sound. Don't be afraid to muck about with the controls.

I have used it on NI Vintage Organs in place of their built-in scanner; couple that with L'Otary in place of NI's Leslie and it'll help make up for the lackluster sound that's missing from the late lamented B4-II.

QAPLA!
Old 04-27-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
IK Mic Room is also $9.99. Picked that up to mess around with and got Dirty Delay for free. I have more than enough tape emulations and EQ's, so i'll pass on the others, but they look cool and that's a really great price.
I have Mic Room already otherwise that would have been my choice, that's a no brainer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Don't have the Avid Tape Echo so can't comment on that.

Have had the B Scanner since it came out and have used it on things other than just organ. Try it on guitar or piano (Rhodes without vibrato) or strings - brings an interesting dimension to what might be an otherwise static sound. Don't be afraid to muck about with the controls.

I have used it on NI Vintage Organs in place of their built-in scanner; couple that with L'Otary in place of NI's Leslie and it'll help make up for the lackluster sound that's missing from the late lamented B4-II.
Thanks! Tape Echo is included with any subscription. I've used it more than I thought I would, really nice dirt and feedback!