Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2013, 07:07 AM

Default Cannot load Eucon personality

For the last few weeks I have had this problem everytime I load Pro Tools with my artist series (I have 4 Artist series units connected). I have tried all things I can think of or have found on the DUC. I removed all Eucon preferences (it then worked for one session and stopped again for the next). I have tried reinstalling Eucon software and Pro Tools. The Artist touch screen simply fails to see Pro Tools and seems stuck on a screen saver (odd as I do not use one). I also tried Logic and there is an error with that too.

I am using Lion on a Mac Pro with the latest Pro Tools and Logic installs.

Help as this is getting really boring!!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Cannot load Eucon personality

Hey Ian, what is your external set up? How are your artist series connected with the Mac Pro?
Old 02-07-2013, 12:06 PM

Also, this is a recent thread with what I believe is a similar problem? It may not help you at all but it seems close.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=334050
Old 02-07-2013, 01:50 PM

I have an ethernet switch between the Mac Pro and the 4 artist units (1 Artist control, 2 mix and 1 transport) and all 4 plug in there and then the switch is plugged into one of the Mac Pros ethernet ports. This has worked fine for months and a few weeks ago this continual problem started.

Thanks for any help......
Old 02-07-2013, 02:36 PM

So my first thought it you said all of your software was up to date and you were on Lion but is your Artist series firmware up to date? You can check using the EuControl software. I would trash the preferences so you can load your devices and then check their firmware.

Let me know if you're up to date and I'll think on it a little more.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:37 PM

OK - so this is now really driving me nuts. I never had any of these issues until very recently so I know things used to work ok.

First, I checked all the firmware in all units and it is all up to date.

I then completely uninstalled Eucon, and then reinstalled.

I still get the same issue whereby when I boot up the Artist units they hook up to "screen saver engine". If I kill Eucon and start it up again, the units respond OK and then can connect to Pro Tools. However, they then lose Pro Tools about a minute in - all the units say Pro Tools 10 on the displays but they lose all the faders and other screen details.

Logic can also not find the units properly, even though it reports it is loading Eucon.

Any ideas?
Old 02-10-2013, 12:15 PM

For those interested, I did a fresh install of Lion, Pro Tools and Eucon and still had the problem. I then tested ending Eucon through the preferences and restarting it and it seems to work ok - so it must be the Mac Pro going in and out of sleep that causes this. To be fair the documentation does warn against this but it never seemed to cause any issues before - but now it does. So, I need to either never put the machine to sleep or properly stop and restart Eucon to get it to find things ok.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:45 PM

Hey Ian that was actually going to be my next idea, to re-install Pro Tools. I'm surprised that didn't work but since it seems to have something to do with your computer going to sleep, maybe the ethernet port isn't "waking up" after the computer returns from sleep mode.

I know that certain Firewire PCIE cards will actually stop functioning after the computer goes to sleep, so something similar must be happening to the ethernet port. Because of of the Firewire issue I just mentioned, I actually never have my computer go to sleep. It only triggers the screen saver after a certain amount of inactivity, and I never have the Eucon personality message.

Maybe try having your computer never go to sleep for a couple of days and see if that fixes the problem?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Avid

This is uncommon and intermittent. I'm working on getting a work around.

JC
Old 02-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Avid

If your mac goes to sleep you will have issues with EUCON 2.x

http://euphonix.avid.com/artist/ux/e...s.php?detail=5