Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2013, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Control|24 and ProControl with Pro Tools 11?

Actually I do not see moving the thread itself was any statement by Avid or attempt to gag anything etc. It is simply putting the thread in the most appropriate place on DUC, this issue affects Control 24 and Pro Control users, it does not affect most Pro Tools 11 users.

Either forum location should be equally effective at being a venue for noting unhappiness, starting to organize something effective, or just whining and arguing, ...
Old 08-19-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Actually I do not see moving the thread itself was any statement by Avid or attempt to gag anything etc. It is simply putting the thread in the most appropriate place on DUC, this issue affects Control 24 and Pro Control users, it does not affect most Pro Tools 11 users.

Either forum location should be equally effective at being a venue for noting unhappiness, starting to organize something effective, or just whining and arguing, ...
you're funny. and this post is different than those you've described? how?

------------------------------------------------------
¨WHERE´S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
https://soundcloud.com/louieshowers
Old 08-19-2013, 12:53 PM

I interpreted their move as one step away from simply closing the thread. I think that will be their next move. Either way, posting on the forums seems to be falling on deaf ears, and other avenues should be considered.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREED View Post
OMG, I cant believe they moved this thread. Its just one slap in the face after another with this company. No class at all.
Arrogance of the first order. Banana republic style censorship. This is not the first time I have seen Avid employ this dirty trick. They are showing their true colors to us, their customers. If anyone has the expertise, please move it back or repost it so that it is not hidden in Avid's chosen hierarchy. It belongs without doubt in the ProTools 11 discussion.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:12 PM

Why do you care? How does this impact you? I'm even going to go out on a limb and venture a guess that you don't even own a Control 24, you are just a professional message poster. If you had a Control 24 that you were interested in support for Pro Tools 11, then you would try to lobby for compatibility.

However it doesn't surprise me, seems like you picked an opportune time to troll.

So troll on my friend, rain on everyone's parade, and continue to give us plausible suggestions of how we can get support for our investments. You forgot to mention sending a note to Avid via carrier pigeon, maybe you should be the head of that committee.

Quote:
Who moved the thread? Ah maybe it was Bruce, who not too many posts earlier than yours gave a reasonable explanation for why he moved it. And as somebody who spends a lot of time on DUC I think this thread was in the wrong place, and (unrelated to its location) is also rapidly becoming counterproductive.

I suspect this thread is now good for oh say a hundred posts of outrage about it being moved. Which is not going to help anybody advocate any useful point to anybody. The message has been made here. If you folks want something to happen then pissing and whining about it over and over on DUC is not the way. If you want to get things actually done...

0. Form a user group of current unhappy owners/users, work out who you are, how many and where, what your objectives are and how to best achieve that. Work out how to get appropriate visibility and coordination, web site, facebook group, twitter posts ....

1. Contact Avid outside this forum to advance your arguments/suggestions/questions. Use contacts at Avid, and your charm and persuasion (that seems to be lacking a little in this thread). Email, pick up the phone. The point has been made here, anybody from Avid who is interested in this/follows DUC already has got the message.

2. Contact Avid's competitors and try to get them to offer a trade in/upgrade package for Control|24 and Pro Control users. Arrange a group buy/upgrade. Talk is cheap, do something to show these "I'm moving" threats are real. And Folk who seriously want to move to a competitor, do so, and make a noise about it when you do. And be sure to Email your copies of your purchase order/receipts to executives at Avid, or post online, to a Facebook group or similar.

3. Actually go start/fund development of a driver/c|24 emulator/convertor or whatever. "I'm a developer" talk is cheap (hey I do it frequently). At least pick things apart/have a look at what is going on here and understand the scope of what needs to be done either by Avid doing a driver and/or third party doing a driver or converter/emulator etc. And as a part of that get competent advice on how to legally reverse engineer anything you need to--and one way there may be to ask Avid (nicely) for permission to develop this.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:17 PM

Bruce,
There is now an appropriately named discussion in the ProTools 11 forum to link posters to this discussion. Just to make sure none of your users miss out on this crucial information. Glad to help out.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Who moved the thread? Ah maybe it was Bruce, who not too many posts earlier than yours gave a reasonable explanation for why he moved it. And as somebody who spends a lot of time on DUC I think this thread was in the wrong place, and (unrelated to its location) is also rapidly becoming counterproductive.

I suspect this thread is now good for oh say a hundred posts of outrage about it being moved. Which is not going to help anybody advocate any useful point to anybody. The message has been made here. If you folks want something to happen then pissing and whining about it over and over on DUC is not the way. If you want to get things actually done...

0. Form a user group of current unhappy owners/users, work out who you are, how many and where, what your objectives are and how to best achieve that. Work out how to get appropriate visibility and coordination, web site, facebook group, twitter posts ....

1. Contact Avid outside this forum to advance your arguments/suggestions/questions. Use contacts at Avid, and your charm and persuasion (that seems to be lacking a little in this thread). Email, pick up the phone. The point has been made here, anybody from Avid who is interested in this/follows DUC already has got the message.

2. Contact Avid's competitors and try to get them to offer a trade in/upgrade package for Control|24 and Pro Control users. Arrange a group buy/upgrade. Talk is cheap, do something to show these "I'm moving" threats are real. And Folk who seriously want to move to a competitor, do so, and make a noise about it when you do. And be sure to Email your copies of your purchase order/receipts to executives at Avid, or post online, to a Facebook group or similar.

3. Actually go start/fund development of a driver/c|24 emulator/convertor or whatever. "I'm a developer" talk is cheap (hey I do it frequently). At least pick things apart/have a look at what is going on here and understand the scope of what needs to be done either by Avid doing a driver and/or third party doing a driver or converter/emulator etc. And as a part of that get competent advice on how to legally reverse engineer anything you need to--and one way there may be to ask Avid (nicely) for permission to develop this.
0 and 1 are good suggestions.
2 is pointless to those of us who want to keep using PT.
3 is a good idea, I was hoping someone would show up here who knows this stuff and enlighten us all or at least point in the right direction.
Still don't have an answer as to what it will take to get these controllers working with 64bit PT. It shouldn't be that difficult...
Old 08-19-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
I interpreted their move as one step away from simply closing the thread. .
It will not be long
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
It will not be long
With the stock prices, it won't be long until the whole thing goes bust...

------------------------------------------------------
¨WHERE´S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
https://soundcloud.com/louieshowers
Old 08-19-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louieshowers View Post
with the stock prices, it won't be long until the whole thing goes bust...
Very possible - somebody is going to get paid (board members) whether they go bust or not
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.