Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2017, 11:33 PM

Default Re: If my Mac blows up - I lose my Waves plugins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmixer View Post
What happens if your USB drive blows up?
If you just accidentally erase it, you need only to run Waves Central with this USB connected, and the license will automatically get on USB. But if USB blows up, you will need to do recovery (same as for any dongle anyway). Just use good quality USB drive and that's it/
Old 06-17-2017, 07:35 PM

Default Re: If my Mac blows up - I lose my Waves plugins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvalmont View Post
That is not true. When this happened to me I was fully up to date on WUP and they still told me you could only recover once per year.
Yes it's correct. I think I must have misread something somewhere.

http://www.waves.com/support/reactiv...cover-licenses

However, it does seem that if you do manage to get your hands on the original license and are able to reconnect them with your system, the license recovery period will reset.

So this will work for those who, for example, had a fatal problem with their computer and for a quick fix they could recover their license and get up and running ASAP. Then, when they have a moment, they could attempt to recover their hard drive, reconnect and the licenses on it. From there the recovery period should reset, ready to salvage the next moment something goes wrong.