Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 09-24-2011, 10:47 AM

Default ilok issues - ProTools 9 crossgrade LE (Please install the iLok Client Software)

Hi Forum, I've been trying for the past day to authorize my iLok without any success.

Yesterday I purchaced iLok (2nd gen) & PT 9 LE crossgrade from my music store. Brand new shrink-wrapped, etc.

--------------

System: ProTools 8 user. Digi 002.
* Main reason for upgrade to use my ZedR16 with PT9.

My main studio PC (Win 7, 64bit, i7 processor, 12 gigs ram) is not connected to the internet, so I'm using my Laptop (Dell Studio XPS, Win 7 - 64bit) to try to setup my ilok.

---------------

I'm pretty sure I followed all the instructions correctly.
And I have tried this a number of times. Uninstalling & re-installing (on two different USB ports). I am NOT using a USB hub.

I work in product support, so I am fairly computer savvy, however,
if I have forgotten something I would welcome anyone pointing out my failings. I am running out of patience with this process.

Maybe this post can help other people experiencing similar problems.

-----------------

Procedure:

I created an ilok account, downloaded and installed both iLok downloads for Windows (iLokClientHelperSetup & DriverSetup), restarted my computer and when I log into ilok.com I click on "Connect an ilok now and add to account" and i get the following error messages:

Firefox v3.6 & v 6 (java enabled):
I can't remember what Firefox error was, but now the process causes Firefox to crash! It was something like enable jave, but I checked and java was already enabled.

Internet Explorer 7 & 8 (Active X installed):
Something about active X, but it is installed.

Google Chrome:
"Please install the iLok Client Software.
We have detected that required software for this site has not been installed. Please download and install the version for your platform."

Safari 4: * same error as Chrome.

-------------

More info:

* The iLok blue light does light up when connected to my computer, but I cannot see it in my file manager (like you would normal when a regular use drive is connected. I'm unsure whether or not this is normal, but thought I would mention it.

* Yes my iLok is connected to my computer when trying to authorize.

* yes, I've also authorized PT9 on avid.com account and sent the code to my ilok account. I can see my PT9 license on the ilok website.

* I also tried doing all of this on another Windows XP laptop, with no luck.
I kept getting an error that the ilok website was experiencing problems.

-----------------

Needless to say, this is driving me nuts. :)

Can anyone please help?
Your advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks everyone,

Paul
Old 09-26-2011, 09:20 AM

Default Re: ilok issues - ProTools 9 crossgrade LE (Please install the iLok Client Software)

You won't see the iLok in the My COmputer window, so that's normal.

the iLok.com website has an activeX control that wants to be installed. If you're seeing a yellow Active X warning below the address bar, click on it and install the plugin. Then everything should be cool to go.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:39 PM

Default Protools 9.06

HERE IS A PICTURE OF MY ISSUE. I am running win 8 Pro and am A comp tech but not experience with Protools. I am currently trying to fix this issue see picture for details. CLIENT HAS 2 ILOKS I HAVE TRIED BOTH SUBMITTED RMA AND WELL YOU KNOW THE WAITING GAME IF YOU ALL CAN HELP ME MY NAME IS DUSTIN AND THIS ISSUE IS ON A CLIENT COMPUTER LOGGED IN NOW. I HAVE 3 DAYS LEFT TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE. 9-12-13 THNX FOR ALL REPLIES
Old 09-10-2013, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Protools 9.06

Quote:
Originally Posted by medirector View Post
HERE IS A PICTURE OF MY ISSUE. I am running win 8 Pro and am A comp tech but not experience with Protools. I am currently trying to fix this issue see picture for details. CLIENT HAS 2 ILOKS I HAVE TRIED BOTH SUBMITTED RMA AND WELL YOU KNOW THE WAITING GAME IF YOU ALL CAN HELP ME MY NAME IS DUSTIN AND THIS ISSUE IS ON A CLIENT COMPUTER LOGGED IN NOW. I HAVE 3 DAYS LEFT TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE. 9-12-13 THNX FOR ALL REPLIES
Hi

Pro Tools 9 is not working great with Win 8 and you might have lots of issues if you try to work with PT9 and Win 8.

You might wanna try to start PT9 holding down the "N" key and choose your interface and see if that helps otherwise I would look at this answer regarding another member with issues.

See this post from Avid techs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
you were having problems because your are on Windows 8. Pro Tools 9 is not/was not supported on Windows 8. even if you were able to get Pro Tools 9 to work on Windows 8 that it was not a compatible system, and would eventually cause issues.

But to reiterate, if you are on Windows 8, you are not going to want to use or install Pro Tools 9. Pro Tools 11 will open Pro Tools 9 sessions, or allow you to import session data from those sessions so you can proceed.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————