Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Aspera DigiDelivery

Old 09-25-2007, 02:07 AM

Default New users not showing up under \"accounts\"

Hi,

I´ve created some new users on the server. When I open the client they do not show up under "accounts".
Yes I have checked "show in accounts".
Anyone know why this is? It seems like the client doesn´t check for new users once it already has an accounts-list loaded?

thanks,

frank.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:49 AM

Default Re: New users not showing up under \"accounts\"

Aspera couldn´t give me an answer to this problem. Since Digi doesn´t support this product, does anyone know how to make new users show up in the client´s accounts list?

thanks,

frank.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:57 AM
Avid

Is this a GT or an LT?

On an LT, the client will only show 1 account in the drop-down list - the admin account, since that is the only account that a user can send a Digidelivery to unless they use the Admins login info. 'Guest' accounts can only send to the Admin account on an LT system.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Is this a GT or an LT?

On an LT, the client will only show 1 account in the drop-down list - the admin account, since that is the only account that a user can send a Digidelivery to unless they use the Admins login info. 'Guest' accounts can only send to the Admin account on an LT system.
It´s a GT-server. And all are standard-accounts. All work but none of them can see newly added users under "Accounts" in the client as if the client doesn´t update the list provided by the server.

frank.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Avid

Does the server have the latest update? Are the clients using the latest version of the software? Is this happening for ALL clients, or just some of them? Are they on Mac or PC?
Old 10-06-2007, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Does the server have the latest update? Are the clients using the latest version of the software? Is this happening for ALL clients, or just some of them? Are they on Mac or PC?
Yes to all questions. All on Mac. The only clients that show the new users are the ones that log in for the first time. I guess the client just doesn´t update the list once it has received it from the server.

frank.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Avid

Try clearing the caches:

MacHD > Users > $username > Library > Caches > com.digidesign.digidelivery
Old 10-13-2007, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Try clearing the caches:

MacHD > Users > $username > Library > Caches > com.digidesign.digidelivery
Hm. Do I tell all users (many of them are executive production members that don´t really want to bother with this) to clear that cache every day just in case a new user gets created? Or do I have to send out an e-mail to all users asking them to clear the cache because I´ve created a new user?

hm. hope aspera fixes this soon.

frank.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:55 PM

I've just been bitten by this one. The account list is generally going to be so small, why cache it at all? I'm surprised it was designed like that and that more people haven't raised it as an issue.

Pete