Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 03-30-2012, 10:39 AM

Default Wacom tablet and Waves plug-ins

Started using a Wacom tablet in addition to a mouse as a way to get some relief from tendonitis. Works great for a lot of stuff, except Waves plug-ins. Every other plug-in brand seems to do fine with it, but the waves stuff only responds erratically. Anybody seen this? Is there a workaround? Is there a setting in the waves software that can be adjusted to behave as every other plug-in does?
Old 03-30-2012, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Wacom tablet and Waves plug-ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHoney View Post
Started using a Wacom tablet in addition to a mouse as a way to get some relief from tendonitis. Works great for a lot of stuff, except Waves plug-ins. Every other plug-in brand seems to do fine with it, but the waves stuff only responds erratically. Anybody seen this? Is there a workaround? Is there a setting in the waves software that can be adjusted to behave as every other plug-in does?
Hi,

I've got a tablet but could never use it for plugins personally! with Waves they work great now with scroll wheel? have you not tried that route? they also work well with a shuttle jog wheel.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

I've got a tablet but could never use it for plugins personally! with Waves they work great now with scroll wheel? have you not tried that route? they also work well with a shuttle jog wheel.

Chris
Yeah, I've got half a dozen different input devices, but the tablet is great because it's a totally different set of motions than any mouse, trackball, etc. And it works great with EVERYTHING except for Waves plug-ins -- so I end up having to go to the mouse JUST to adjust the waves stuff.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:43 AM

For anyone interested, Waves support informed me that their plug-ins are simply incompatible with Wacom tablets. Hopefully, that will change. I made a request for tablet support.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:46 AM

Lightbulb Re: Wacom tablet and Waves plug-ins

wild honey.....

Hey my hands give me problems too....so i got a magic track pad....those are really nice.....have you used them.?

You use the wacom exclusively???? Did it help your hands and wrists out?
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:02 AM

I think Waves are a lost cause regarding the Wacom, but with the trackball to hand, I've got used to making the switch back and forth.

Slightly off topic ... I used to suffer from tendonitis, repetitive strain injury, specifically pain in the wrist, arm and shoulder. Drawing fades with the mouse had me reaching for the morphine drip. Switching to a combination of the Wacom and trackball really helped. Weight bearing upper body exercise was the third ingredient that finally laid the pain to rest. Curves or the Rocky Balboa school of fitness, whatever gets you there

My 2¢.

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.12.1.138 | Mac Studio M1 Max (64 GB) | Ventura 13.6.3 | Clarett+ 2Pre

Pro Tools HD 9.0.6 | HD6 PCIx | Mac Pro5,1 (mid 2010) Westmere 3.33 GHz Hexacore (32 GB) | Lion 10.7.5 | Magma PE6R4-I | 192 i/o |

Pro Tools HD 9.0.6 | HD3 PCIe | MacPro5,1 (mid 2010) Westmere 3.33 GHz Hexacore (32 GB) | Lion 10.7.5 | Apogee Rosetta 200 | C|24

Old 04-05-2012, 12:04 PM

Nice info will - Yeah i usally to some curls or other type of exercise to strech and strenghten...Thakns.
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:13 PM

I'm using a Wacom tablet with V9 Waves with no problems at all. I'm using an old Intuos2 with current drivers from Wacom. Waves versions 8 and below were awful with the second display bug.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
wild honey.....

Hey my hands give me problems too....so i got a magic track pad....those are really nice.....have you used them.?

You use the wacom exclusively???? Did it help your hands and wrists out?
Well, the wacom tablet I have works as a tablet or a touch pad, like the magic track pad, but I find using it as a touch pad doesn't feel all that much different from using a mouse -- still a lot of finger raising and lowering and still the same basic hand position. I've been using the Wacom in conjunction with a regular mouse, using the mouse mostly to just control Waves plug-ins.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ndy View Post
I'm using a Wacom tablet with V9 Waves with no problems at all. I'm using an old Intuos2 with current drivers from Wacom. Waves versions 8 and below were awful with the second display bug.
The one I have is a current Bamboo series, so I guess compatibility was broken at some point along the way.