Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2010, 07:35 PM

Default To use PT SEE or not to use PT SE?

I have been a PT LE user as a voice actor since mbox 1. I am also a video editor and the mbox doesn't play well with other products as a primary sound card (core audio driver issues).

I have a pre sonus firebox for doing audio in STP and Logic. One problem. I am so used to PT and the TCE algorithm, that I become all thumbs in logic at times for simple VO spots.

I would love to still have PT 8 (my current version) on my MAC PRO for recording VO as an editor via my presonus sound card. Can I purchase PT SE as a stand alone product? I also have the mbox factory pack with the ilok key. Can it be used to run Pro Tools LE as a stand alone? I know I can't run LE without the MBOX attached via USB.

I am trying to find a work around to use PT without the MBOX.

Any suggestions?
Old 10-28-2010, 11:57 AM

Default Re: To use PT SEE or not to use PT SE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonmay View Post
I have been a PT LE user as a voice actor since mbox 1. I am also a video editor and the mbox doesn't play well with other products as a primary sound card (core audio driver issues).

I have a pre sonus firebox for doing audio in STP and Logic. One problem. I am so used to PT and the TCE algorithm, that I become all thumbs in logic at times for simple VO spots.

I would love to still have PT 8 (my current version) on my MAC PRO for recording VO as an editor via my presonus sound card. Can I purchase PT SE as a stand alone product? I also have the mbox factory pack with the ilok key. Can it be used to run Pro Tools LE as a stand alone? I know I can't run LE without the MBOX attached via USB.

I am trying to find a work around to use PT without the MBOX.

Any suggestions?
There isn't. Not yet, anyway.

What version of OSX and PT are you running? Are you still using that MBox 1?

I don't have any coreaudio issues with any software on my Macbook and Mbox 2. I run audio from multiple apps frequently, and never have any issues.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 10-29-2010, 08:11 AM

Default Re: To use PT SEE or not to use PT SE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonmay View Post
Can I purchase PT SE as a stand alone product?
I wish you could buy PT SE separately but I don't think you can. I got mine as part of the Avid Recording Studio.