Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2002, 02:51 PM

Default Re: HD 192 bass-lite? Impedance mismatch?

"Well, my dear Watson, I thought we were onto something. But alas, the trail seems to have grown cold...."

-Sherlock Holmes
from "The Case of the Disappearing Infrasonics."

Lynn Fuston
3D Audio Inc
Old 04-15-2002, 11:52 PM

It's just the seven week lull. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

It's nice that people have worn out of trying to discredit each other and are now waiting for the results of tests. That's all that was ever intended to happen here anyways.

Mixerman and I are looking at Friday for a new test with HD/RADAR/2" that is sample accurate for Lynn's tests. We plan to have an Audio Precision for analysis as well as a drummer and a fresh reel of 2" so we can have material clear to upload for everyone to hear.

DC
Old 04-16-2002, 12:19 AM

What a tempest in a teapot! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2002, 07:42 AM

@dave

I would be great, if you could also record something different than just a drummer, a stereo grand maybe, or whatever.

daniel
Old 04-17-2002, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnGalt:
What a tempest in a teapot! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Great Sig quote!

"When you once describe a venture as a holy war, you surrender all capacity to judge honest alternatives."
-James A. Michener
Old 04-17-2002, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Tonight: Mixerman in live chat on this issue. Supposedly the Board Of Directors Of the DUC are involved in this somehow.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I don't believe that for a second. Digidesign's board of directors have no time for Mixerman.

This thread has totally fizzled after Rick Krizman admitted he made up the 6 db down at 50 hz measurement. Complete, utter fabrication, apparently. I think those of us who frequent this forum have grown weary trying to explain to our analog friends that AES/EBU transfers don't alter the sound, and that audio files are not mangled when they're downloaded from the internet.

After Rick Krizman's confession, I don't know why anyone from Digidesign or any Digidesign users should take any of this seriously anymore, or trust anything they have to say.

View it as entertainment. Nothing more.

Lee Blaske
Old 04-17-2002, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Curve Dominant:
My question is: what does Eric Serafin have to say about all of this?

Or is it Sarafin? Oh, who the hell cares...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You mean the Ben Harper guy? Yes, what's his connection...?
Old 04-17-2002, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Tonight: Mixerman in live chat on this issue. Supposedly the Board Of Directors Of the DUC are involved in this somehow.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hope MM & Chris don't care - but here's a quote from the middle of the chat for those of you who didn't catch it. If its inappropriate to post a cross-forum quote - sorry.

Quote:
<Chris Kathman>
What did you think of the mix comparison files that Brad Cobb did? Last I heard you were going to listen to them and then you haven't said anything about it since. What did you think of those samples? Did they confirm your suspicions?

<Mixerman>
I have not heard them In fact, I was supposed to get them last Saturday, but my session went over, and I couldn't hook up.I think Brad's test is flawed. I still want to hear it but I'm not liking the way he did the test. It's not pure. I have to do the test again myself, and with some obvious pro digi people there and it's going to be on film and you'll be able to get it in DVD format, if everything goes as planned.
I also think it's bogus that people are listening to a test through Pro Tools. You have to get that out of the test.
I'm sorry, rephrase
It's a bit incestuous to listen to a test through the hardware that the test was done with.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Old 04-17-2002, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Blaske:
[
This thread has totally fizzled after Rick Krizman admitted he made up the 6 db down at 50 hz measurement. Complete, utter fabrication, apparently.

After Rick Krizman's confession, I don't know why anyone from Digidesign or any Digidesign users should take any of this seriously anymore, or trust anything they have to say.

Lee Blaske[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Are you being intentionally obtuse? Those figures weren't made up,( or if they were, they weren't made up by me.) All I've done is connect this group with Mixerman's, so some information could be shared and discussed. I was hoping you guys would have something intelligent to say regarding MM's test, and in part you have. But I don't know why this is all bugging you so much. Is it just my 'magination, or are you, um, sort of reporting me to Digi and encouraging them not to deal with me? (I am in fact a long time customer and Mix Plus owner) Come on over to r.a.p. and I'll tell you frankly what I think about that. ( I feel like we're in church here).
Old 04-17-2002, 11:46 PM

Lee said:

This thread has totally fizzled after Rick Krizman admitted he made up the 6 db down at 50 hz measurement. Complete,
utter fabrication, apparently. I think those of us who frequent this forum have grown weary trying to explain to our analog
friends that AES/EBU transfers don't alter the sound, and that audio files are not mangled when they're downloaded from
the internet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh, actually, I think we're all waiting to hear of the second test that he's about to do this Friday. I know I am.

I'm not growing weary, these tests have a very direct connection to what we or at least I work with or will work with everyday.

I've read this whole thread over the past 2 days. All I've seen is a guy(or 2) trying to test out HD and jerks like you just trying to shut them up and trying to discredit them. If there weren't 3 billion posts ripping on Mixerman or his test, this thread would be about 25% of what it is. I really don't understand you people. If you don't care to hear about his test just stay off this particular thread, because the rest of us do.

Don't hate, congratulate, dog.

-Bobby Peru
Milwaukee, WI

Check out my studio :) http://www.bobbyperurecording.com
Check out my band :)
http://www.newloud.com