Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2019, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Audio dropout while using pro tools ultimate demo

I recently upgraded to 32gb ram from crucial. The ram installed fine but the problem wasn't resolved
Old 04-17-2019, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef View Post
I recently upgraded to 32gb ram from crucial. The ram installed fine but the problem wasn't resolved
At the risk of raising your ire but it has to be asked - are the Plugin Alliance plugins you're using all legit and not cracked? What you're experiencing shouldn't be happening if you indeed did all the optimizations called for.

Something to try:
A new session with 1 track of stereo audio. Insert any PA plugin, change some settings on it, start PT transport, let it play and while playing enable & disable the plugin. Does audio drop out then? Leave the gui open while doing this. The close the gui and repeat. Should still work.

I have 40+ plugins from PA across their different developers and have never had an issue like this. I will on occasion get an error message from PT saying I've run out of resources along with transport stopping when I inst one of their plugins with the transport running. But that's the only problem I've had from them.

Actually there was one other problem with the initial launch of the SSL branded E and G channel strips where the plugin controls would change state on their own when starting & stopping the transport when the plugin had focus; if the plugin did not have focus or the gui was closed there was no problem. PA tech support was able to repro the bug and squashed it.

QAPLA!
Old 04-17-2019, 10:58 AM

Yes all of my plugins are official, not cracked ones. It's weird because they worked fine with pro tools 11. I updated them to the latest version but the issue remains
Old 04-17-2019, 11:07 AM

Just a thought, but is it possible any of the plugins are in demo mode? Maybe when you updated to the latest versions the autos didn't get updated? Plugins in demo mode have been known to cause audio dropouts as part of the demo limitations.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalscottyg View Post
Just a thought, but is it possible any of the plugins are in demo mode? Maybe when you updated to the latest versions the autos didn't get updated? Plugins in demo mode have been known to cause audio dropouts as part of the demo limitations.
Plugin Alliance demos are fully functioning 14 day demos with no limitations. At the end of the demo period they just no longer work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef View Post
Yes all of my plugins are official, not cracked ones. It's weird because they worked fine with pro tools 11. I updated them to the latest version but the issue remains
Did you try the single track new session I outlined in my previous post? Have you started a tech support ticket with Plugin Alliance? If their plugins were having these kinds of problems there would be lot more noise about it

Something just hit me: is your iLok plugged into a working USB2 port? Windows by default turns off power to the USB ports after a while. Go to Control Panel and turn off any power savings measures; for the USB ports I suggest Googling it if you don't know how to. Another issue with regards to iLoks is they have problems with USB3 ports and the usual remedy is to plug the iLok into a powered USB2 hub.

QAPLA!
Old 04-22-2019, 01:50 PM

I fixed the problem by running pt as admin. I never had to do that with previous versions but it is working fine at the moment.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:53 PM

The only issue with running as admin is that I can no longer drag and drop into pro tools. It's a minor issue though compared to the plugins not working properly.