Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 11-11-2018, 08:26 PM

Default Plug ins

Running pro tools 7.3, I just got the wav bundle of plug ins install to my computer was successful but they don’t show up in my pro tools. Do I need to move them into a certain folder or do something different or maybe they’re not compatible with my version of pro tools I’m running, can anyone help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2018, 09:55 PM

Default Plug ins

Really you should try telling us less info....

Help us help you - READ THIS before posting!
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Plug ins

I’m assuming you mean “Waves” as in Waves the company. If you got any of their recent versions, then Pro Tools 7 isn’t supported. Not for a long time. You should have checked their system requirements. Especially since you are running software almost 15 years old.

If you bought a plugin bundle that was developed a long time ago when 7 was still current (Waves Gold for instance), you might want to contact them to see if they can migrate your license to a version supported by Pro Tools 7. But most likely it was something protected by ilok which means they can’t do it since they don’t use ilok anymore.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
[…] since they [Waves] don’t use ilok anymore.

Actually they do. Current authorizations can be placed on an iLok, a removable USB stick, or on a drive. The choice is left entirely to the user.

IHTH.

We’ll fix it in the shrink-wrap. (Frank Zappa)

Old 11-12-2018, 10:21 AM

Yeah on that note I have HD8 license for sale with HD3 PCIX if your interested

Low latency tracking still some of the best stuff out there
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Knecht View Post
Actually they do. Current authorizations can be placed on an iLok, a removable USB stick, or on a drive. The choice is left entirely to the user.

IHTH.
Wrong.
iLok has not been supported for a long time. The whole point of Waves going to their own licensing scheme (USB stick or hard drive/computer) was to get away from Pace/iLok

https://www.waves.com/support/authorize-ilok

And that link also seems to eliminate the possibility of a downgrade to a Waves shell supported by Pro Tools 7 so unfortunately the OP is out of luck.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Really you should try telling us less info....

Help us help you - READ THIS before posting!
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t
There's been a number of posters asking for help here the last couple of days who can't be bothered to give any kind of system info. That just wastes our time and leaves the questioner without getting their problem solved.

QAPLA!
Old 11-13-2018, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amscheme View Post
Running pro tools 7.3, I just got the wav bundle of plug ins install to my computer was successful but they don’t show up in my pro tools. Do I need to move them into a certain folder or do something different or maybe they’re not compatible with my version of pro tools I’m running, can anyone help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1st of all, like all the others mentioned already, you have to leave more detailed info regarding your whole system here. Otherwise the DUC guys are not able to help you further in a decent way.

2ndly according to your sparse info you are on PT7.3 which theoretically means that you are still on Mac OS 10.4 (given you have your version of Pro Tools installed on the compatible version of Mac OS).

This means further that you would need Waves version 6 to be compatible with your versions of Mac OS and Pro Tools. Anything else probably won't work properly.

Check it out there:

This was copied from the Avid requirements site
"Pro Tools LE 7.3 &7.3.1 (003 Factory, 003 Rack, Mbox 2 Pro, Mbox 2, Mbox 2 Mini, Mbox 2 Micro, Mbox, Digi 002, Digi 002 Rack) are officially supported on Mac OS X 10.4.8 and 10.4.9 for Intel-based Macs"

This is the Waves compatibility site
https://www.waves.com/support/tech-s...ents#version-6

And there you can download Waves version 6
https://www.waves.com/downloads#older

Again, make sure your version of Mac OS matches your exact version of Pro Tools matches the compatible version of Waves plugins. That's the only way you can get it to work as it is supposed to.
If you do not follow the requirements you simply will be on your own finally.

Not to forget, Waves version 6 licenses still were housed on iLoks, on iLoks version 1. So you will have to have this ole blue dongle with the dedicated licenses on it as well, continuously connected
to your system of course, to use your version of Waves plugins.

To be honest, I have no idea if the licenses for Waves version 6 could possibly be put on an iLok 2 as well? Maybe. Anyway if you want to keep your system as it is (without any upgrading) I would recommend you to still get an iLok 1 on Ebay for a couple of bucks if you do not have one already and put your Waves 6 licenses on it finally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Wrong.
iLok has not been supported for a long time. The whole point of Waves going to their own licensing scheme (USB stick or hard drive/computer) was to get away from Pace/iLok

https://www.waves.com/support/authorize-ilok

And that link also seems to eliminate the possibility of a downgrade to a Waves shell supported by Pro Tools 7 so unfortunately the OP is out of luck.
+1

You can authorize your current Waves versions 9-10 via USB drive or machine aka computer but there's no iLok option anymore. This option ended with Waves version 8.

The best of success to you.

Cheers.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:55 AM

Something that's been missed in all this and would make things a lot more difficult is that Waves dropped RTAS in V9.91 - see this thread: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=390959

So if the op has a recent download from Waves and unless he downloaded a legacy installer he won't be able to run his Waves plugins.

QAPLA!