Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2011, 11:10 AM

Default Pro Tools SE & Line 6 Gear Box Gold Plug In

Hi,
I'm new to this Forum and to Pro Tools, How do I record through my Line 6 DI Box or is it even possible. It does not recognize anything other than the M-Audio Micro.
I would like to be able to use standard 1/4 inch plugs for connecting instruments. Any help would be most appreciated. If this question has been asked before I apologize.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:57 AM
Avid

Default Re: Pro Tools SE & Line 6 Gear Box Gold Plug In

Pro Tools SE requires you to use a supported Avid / M-Audio interface - it does not support the Line 6 DI box.

To record directly from an Electric Guitar you would need to use an interface such as the FastTrack which includes a microphone input and a Guitar / Line input. This interface is part of the Avid Recording Studio bundle:
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_u...ingStudio.html

If you need any additional information let us know.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:28 PM

I was shown this application at the gadget show recently, and after asking a few questions decided to buy Avid Key Studio package.

One of the questions I asked was "will this support my USB guitar input that I already own?" (the device is called the Alesis guitar link). The answer I was given was "yes, absolutely". So I decided there would be no need for the FastTrack device, it would be surplus to requirements and whilst making that completely clear to the sales person I decided to buy the Key Studio Package.

Upon returning home I've tried and tried to select another input device for ProTools SE but with no results. Now I see the above post from Avid Product Design which says only M-Audio interfaces will work.

So I ask: Is this definitely true, was I simply misinformed at the gadget show?
Why isn't there an option to select another sound input device, it would seem an obvious feature of this package? Will this be in a patched version, or do I need to try and return my package?

Thanks in Advance
Old 05-06-2011, 02:55 AM
Avid

Unfortunately, the information you were given is incorrect. Pro Tools SE requires that you use a supported M-Audio interface - it does not support third-party interfaces. A list of supported interfaces can be found here:

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...dc1#interfaces