Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 08-13-2018, 10:24 AM

Default Moved ADAT device from Omni to 192 - now nothing working

I am running HD Native and the latest version of Ultimate 2017.

For a long time I had a Behringer ADA8200 hooked up to my Omni and it worked great, except that I could only use six channels.

I decided to hook it up to my 192 Digital and configured the IO settings in PT as well as the Hardware setup to be ADAT. I can see output on the 192 but nothing is returning.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Noah

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/sparkletune/
Old 08-13-2018, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Moved ADAT device from Omni to 192 - now nothing working

Open Setup>Hardware>select the 192. Are the inputs you are using(either 1-8 or 9-16) showing as ADAT 1-2, ADAT 3-4, etc? If not, hit the tab for Digital and make sure that ADAT is the selected format.(your's might be slightly different as my 192's are analog+digital while your's is digital-only)

Now to clocking, whenever you connect devices via digital connections(lightpipe in this case), all hardware must use a single master clock source. With only a single lightpipe from the Behringer out to the 192 in, you must set clock source to ADAT. A better option would be to use 2 lightpipe "cables"(the 2nd one from 192 ADAT out to the ADAT in on the Behringer and set the Behringer to sync to external clock(so it will slave to the 192). When clocking is not correct, 1 of 2 things will happen; 1-audio from the digital connection will have clicking and popping noise, or 2-no audio will pass(probably what is wrong right now)

Assuming you already know how to add the paths in the IO setup window>Input tab(BTW, you could also setup the Behringer outputs to be available to feed headphone amps for extra HP mixes)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-20-2018, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Moved ADAT device from Omni to 192 - now nothing working

Thanks for all the help. I was able to solve the problem.

At first I thought maybe my ADAT cables were too long, as they're 15' but I pulled my 192 out of the closet and hooked it up with shorted cables and it still didn't work. I disconnected the clock cables on the 192, hooked themn up to the wordclock in/out then everything worked but I would get clocking errors.

Powered everything down and switched the cables back to loopback and everything is working again.

Not sure why I needed to do that or why things stopped working but all is good and settings are saved.

Thanks for all your help! Def a Sync issue that didn't resolve itself without the disconnect.

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/sparkletune/