Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 08-17-2018, 08:57 AM

Default 2018.7 - Still no Markers updates

As is my usual MO after a new release, seeing what's been added over the long awaited marker track improvements and then posting my frustration.
In this issue, updated Sony 9 pin machine control....wahoo, that seems relevant these days. Some new key commands like Command-P, that apparently do the same things as old key commands...(P)

Come on Avid, this has been a big topic on Ideascale and the DUC for years and I was even told at AES NY last October by an Avid rep that marker tracks were coming in 2018. Granted the year's not over yet, but judging by what's been added so far this year, I don't feel confident to see it any time soon. This is HUGE for those of us in Post, being able to separate markers for different editorial depts, send and import other editors' markers tracks without duplicating everything we already have in our session, easily print markers. At least they removed the character limit, but still can't seem to figure out a text wrap in the marker window. Clips have been searchable, even plugins are now searchable, but we can't search keywords in markers?
Do we need to start a campaign to get the vote up in ACA? Is this the only way highly needed functions get added to an ever increasingly expensive piece of software now, through a voting contest that feels like a reality TV show with elimination rounds? I saw the latest earnings report. Revenue is way up thanks to the subscription model. Avid is getting our money for the product we deem worth it, but don't make it into a game show, make a product with features we need and have been requesting for years.