Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 07-24-2017, 01:43 PM

Default MobilePre usb driver issue

I just purchased a MobilePre Audio interface device. I connected it to my soundboard via the xlr connection and then plugged it into a usb port on my computer. It was automatically recognized. However, it interfered with another usb device (my BlackMagic Design USB shuttle device). My computer is no longer recognizing it. I unplugged the MobilePre and restarted and it still does not recognize it. I installed the drivers from the disks included with the device which I realize I should have done before connecting. Anyway, what can I do fix my problem and get my computer to recognize my other device.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:17 AM

Default Re: MobilePre usb driver issue

Just wondering ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpeasley View Post
Anyway, what can I do fix my problem and get my computer to recognize my other device.
Did you ever find a solution?

I'm having a problem getting a Blue & Silver M-Audio MobilePre USB to work too and there isn't much in the way of fix-it information out there. It almost seems that whenever someone gets the connection problems resolved they disappear.

Did find one post where the person got their's up and running by making the USB connection after booting the computer up (or something like that).

These are really nice units and I'd hate to see it go to waste. Have an older non-USB Berhinger mixer I was hoping it would play well with.

Edit: Made a post to the thread: "Unable to Locate Avid Hardware" but included "M-Audio MobilePre USB" in the post.
Don't remember the details of the forum requirements, but a URL to a thread on this web site should be okay: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...=MobilePre+USB
Old 10-23-2017, 09:04 AM

I never did find a solution. We just updated the hard drive to an Solid State drive and then had to reinstall windows and the software and drivers. Now it seems to be working great. We did have issues until we installed the latest drivers (try to use as few generic as possible).
Old 10-23-2017, 09:53 AM

Thanks for the details about how you got the M-Audio MobilePre USB up and running again. It sure can be exasperating trying to troubleshoot some computer problems.

Didn't realize your system was a PC. I've got an older MacBook White 1,1 (early 2006) running OS X v10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) and according to the M-Audio driver list it should work with v1.8.1 but it doesn't. I've been keeping this computer just for running legacy applications. Upgraded it with a SSD and can't believe how "snappy" it runs, just fantastic.

There must be a problem either with the driver installation, Pre connection sequence, or how the "Audio MIDI" app is setup and configured. I'm hoping someone else can chime in with some ideas.

Contacted M-Audio and they said that Avid acquired this MobilePre line and to contact them.

Contacted Avid Support and they said "We do apologize that we cannot solve this issue for you because this is a 3rd party product and M-audio has a different support department for their products. We do not have informations on how to trouble shoot 3rd party products but we do advise to contact the manufacturer."

So, if anyone has an idea I'm open for any suggestions. Well, except to give up (I don't give up easily) or buy something else, that is (I'm almost there anyway. Have a non-USB Behringer work station with mixer and all it needs is a USB adapter.). But I'd really like to get the M-Audio thing working.