Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 09-01-2017, 11:59 AM

Default Can't Get Back to "Fine Tune" Volume Points :(

Hello I am a Mac user with PT 12,

Okay so, IN THE EDIT WINDOW when I try to adjust the volume line for a track (photos attached).

I used to be able to move the volume dots on the volume line by .1 db, fine tuning it by holding down Command + Click.

It used to move by .1 db increments. Now it's back to the standard .3 or .6 db adjustments when you just click and move the dot on the volume line/fader.

SO, suddenly it turned off and I don't know what happened, I can't fine tune the volume dot to .1 db increments anymore (even if I hold when I hold the Command key like before).

What did I do??

Thank you,

Spencer B
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 11.53.42 AM.jpg (23.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 11.54.03 AM.jpg (27.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-02-2017, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Can't Get Back to "Fine Tune" Volume Points :(

What are you using for a mouse? Have a mouse pad for it?

I don't know of a setting in PT that would change this.

QAPLA!
Old 09-07-2017, 02:26 AM

I am using a apple mouse. It can't be the mouse it has to be a setting or a button that I hit which turned something off annoyingly.

I am just curious if anyone knows the button to fine tune the fader if holding the command key doesn't work.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWBoatman25 View Post
I am using a apple mouse. It can't be the mouse it has to be a setting or a button that I hit which turned something off annoyingly.

I am just curious if anyone knows the button to fine tune the fader if holding the command key doesn't work.
There is no setting to do what you want. Are you using a non-Apple keyboard by any chance? Try resetting the nvram/pram and see what happens. Why do you say it can't be the mouse? Apple rodents are some of the worst in the world. Any mouse will work on a Mac.

QAPLA!
Old 09-07-2017, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWBoatman25 View Post
I am on PT 11, but isn't Command+Shift+Click/Drag the fine tune mode, which also contrains movement to vertical ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
Hi Guys,

In 12.6, Grid Toggle was introduced. This allows the Command (Mac) or Control (Win) key to temporarily enable or disable Grid. Before 12.6, you could only use Command/Control to suppress Grid when in Grid mode, but could never enable Grid when in Slip. This change is a significant improvement to editing in Pro Tools.

However, this change means Command/Control can no longer be used for fine breakpoint adjustment. So, we had to make a trade off. That trade off is that Shift+Command (Mac) or Shift+Control (Win) to now required for fine breakpoint adjustment with the Grabber tool. Keep in mind, this change only affects Slip mode. Shift+Command (Mac) and Shift+Control (Win) were always required for fine breakpoint adjustment in Grid mode before 12.6 (as Command/Control was used to suppress Grid mode).

Also, be aware that the order the modifier keys are pressed impacts the behavior. If Shift, then Command/Control is pressed, fine breakpoint adjustment is performed at the current breakpoint location. If Command/Control, then Shift is pressed, Grid will be enabled/disabled first, then fine breakpoint adjustment is performed. For example, if you are in Grid mode and you want to drag a breakpoint off Grid then perform fine breakpoint adjustment, hold Command/Control and drag the breakpoint to the desired location, then add Shift and drag breakpoint vertically. Same logic in Slip mode. Another example, if you are in Slip mode and want to stay in Slip mode and perform fine breakpoint adjustment, drag the breakpoint to the desire location, press Shift first then Command/Control and drag breakpoint vertically.
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...54#post2384454
Win7 64bit Professional , i7 3930 Hexcore , 48GB Ram , SSD System + SSD PT Session/Audio + SSD Video (all Samsung 840 Evo) + Spinner 1TB Data , 2x Radeon HD 5450 \\ SD 633 Femto MKH8060 MKH8070 MKH30/MKH40 DPA4060

Last edited by joachim; 09-07-2017 at 07:58 AM.