Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2005, 01:35 PM

Default recording drums into PT LE while playing back mix?

hey all,

is there any way to play back either a mix of tunes stored on my hard drive with traktor dj studio, or even a playlist in windows media player / winamp / whatever, through the digi002R hardware headphone outpt while at the same time recording into protools what i'm playing along on my mic'ed up drums?

or would i have to import all the tunes as regions onto a big long track in protools and play along with it? which would be much more of a pain in the ass.

but if this is necessary, is there any way to record a traktor mix into protools, running both on the same pc?

i have a feeling that each programme will try to hog the hardware / drivers.

just one more for now! is there any way to play a stand-alone softsynth, like a korg or native instruments or whatever, and to record it into protools on the same pc?

thanks in advance for any advice.

finally bought a midi cable for that huge old casio synth my mate found in his attic!

richie.

"a paradigm of restraint and good taste at a time of frequent excess"
Old 01-11-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: recording drums into PT LE while playing back mix?

dubrichie ,
No, I'm afraid it isn't possible.
Digi's hardware is playing third party apps back through the wave driver or ASIO driver, and PT LE cannot run at the same time.
You should create a new ProTools session, import the tracks you need to playback, and arm new recording tracks for the drum pass.
Hope this helps,

happy tooling,