Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 06:31 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE Vista

Quote:
We're barely halfway through summer, so I don't mind that so much. But they could tell us some of the details. For example - Will it be a paid upgrade, or free? Depending on what version you're upgrading from? Will the same installer work on both XP and Vista? Stuff like that.
Don’t hold your breath, being a Digidesign customer is a little like being a mushroom.... You are always kept in the dark & sporadically you are sprinkled with bulls......

I kinda understand why they won’t release new product feature information, although having said that it’s not like PT is on the cutting edge feature wise, most of the competition is ahead in that department anyway... But pulling the Vista info from the front page & not even giving reason or timeline update (yes I know summer isn’t over, but ‘summer’ is a bit vague at best) I don’t think it would hurt them to give us a more accurate & specific month...

N
Old 08-06-2007, 11:08 AM

Like I was saying in a recent post, my new computer was built before I was even aware if Vista incompatibility. My old XP system is having memory and CPU problem with Protools, mainly during playback. Vista, while it's not perfect, doesn't seem to have the same problems. I seen the Pro Tools for Vista notice back in March. I am wondering, should I go with something else that is Vista compatible until Pro Tools finally updates?
Old 08-06-2007, 12:24 PM

dual boot win xp
Old 08-06-2007, 12:52 PM

Hello. For what it's worth there is a thread on Gearslutz about an upcoming Pro Tools release with 'Elastic Audio'. You can see in the current DigiZine where Dave Lebolt talks about it. This guy on the Gearslutz thread claims the release for this will probably be at the end of this month. So that will just add fuel to the speculation. Technically summer doesn't end until September 21st, and normally they release new stuff at AES which is in the first week of October, so I suppose it's not out of the realm of possibility (or probability for that matter) that it would be released then. Leopard also releases in October for what that's worth. Anyway, we'll see.

Here's the quote from Dave
Quote:
Last but not least, I want to give you a sneak peek at something for the future: We’re working on some major “elastic audio” features for Pro Tools that will revolutionize the ways you can work with tempo-changing or loop-based audio material directly inside Pro Tools. This new environment will use super-high-grade time compression expansion to make sure your audio quality stays intact; audio snippets will be automatically analyzed without any extra work on your part, and you can audition elements you might want to try against the materials in your session while the transport plays, with everything “in the groove,” so work is totally fluid. These capabilities are not an entirely new concept, but adding them alongside all the other goodies in Pro Tools is really exciting, and offers even more flexibility for your creative options. I’m pumped about using this stuff, and I hope you will be too...

That’s all the time I have for now... until next time!
The funny thing about this whole elastic audio thing is that they have been talking about this for about a year and a half now. Check out this previous thread from April of 2006.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:30 AM

Do you think Santa will give us PTLE vista version? We been good since March.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:47 PM

I've heard that PT runs like a dog on Vista.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:37 PM

Yeah, I'll bet it does. Especially since there isn't a vista compatible version yet
Old 08-12-2007, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I'll bet it does. Especially since there isn't a vista compatible version yet
That's what YOU think
Old 08-13-2007, 04:49 AM

Quote:
I've heard that PT runs like a dog on Vista.
Like a Greyhound or a lapdog?
Old 08-13-2007, 10:38 AM

Why, do you have a Vista compatible PT or a way run it? My XP PT is basically down. The CPU can't even handle playback anymore.