Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2003, 12:59 AM

Default Check this site

Thought it might be interesting.

DJ

http://www.obsolete.com/120_years/
Old 04-17-2003, 08:38 AM

Default Re: Check this site

There's some trippy stuff on there!

The Free Music Machine?!?!

Love it, thanks for sharing! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

BigRedButton / Jackson Jackson
www.jacksonbjackson.com
Old 04-17-2003, 09:05 AM

This is interesting...thanks DJ... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2003, 02:39 PM

Thanx fellas

I wanted to mention that I have this vinyl from 1973 of a group called STARDRIVE and the name of the album is "Intergalactic Trot".It's on Electra Records.The artists that play on the record are...synthesizer-Robert Mason...bass-Jaime Austria...tenor&soprano saxaphones-Micheal Brecker...percussion-Bruce Ditmas...drums-Stephen Gadd...guitar-Harvey Sarch.This is an extremely trippy record but what I'm gettin at here has to do with this Synth player Robert Mason. The record has this cool picture on the back cover of Robert Mason sitting at his synth that he supposedly invented.This is what it says at the bottom right hand corner of the back of the record.

"One of the little known facts about currently available synthesizers is that their keyboards are very limited and are only capable of playing one or two notes at a time. Using a few pre-constructed parts plus alot of custom designed electronic gear and great ingenuity,Robert Mason has built the worlds first multi-voiced synthesizer that can be played like a real keyboard instrument with full chords and tonal clusters.All the music on this album was performed live on the Stardrive Synthesizer,thus accounting for the unprecidented fullness and spontaneity of the electronic sound.Never before have man and machine come so close together with such intimate rapport. This instrument,the most advanced of its kind on spaceship Earth,is the medium by which an intence new level of high energy music has been realized."

It seems to me that this should be mentioned on the site that I found. What do you think? Anybody know about this Robert Mason guy and his supposed invention?

DJ
Old 04-17-2003, 03:21 PM

6969, Please turn down the echo [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

'sounds like a VERY interesting LP. 'some great players on there.
Old 04-17-2003, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Edit instructions are in the DUC FAQ link at the top right of the page, near your Profile link. You just need to click on the pencil and paper edit icon next to any of your posts that you want to edit or delete.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:16 PM

Thanx Digi

DJ