Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2011, 11:02 AM

Default Eleven Rack & 003 Rack+ question

I went through the older posts but didn't see anything in regards to the installation of the PT Software.

My Question is:

Do I have to uninstall the existing PT LE8 Software that I'm running with the 003 rack+ and install the new PT LE8 that came with the 11R or will it just update what's already there if I just install the 11R CD?

The last thing I want is to register another version and have duplicate files of everything. I'm sure there is an easy way to do this and my thought is to just install the 11R CD and it willjust update and drop what I don't have but i want to make sure.

Any help would be great.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs293....5_738343_n.jpg
Old 04-28-2011, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack & 003 Rack+ question

The first question is, what version do you have installed 'now'?

You cant 'update' with the included disk, you would need to uninstall what you have now, then re-install using the dvd. And even then, you would not be up-to-date.

If you have anything less than 8.0.5 installed, you need to update from the Avid website, not the dvd.

Do you have the ERXP for the 11R?

Driver Downloads and Updates for Pro Tools 9 and 8

Pro Tools 8.0.5 Downloads and Details

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 04-28-2011, 04:17 PM

ya I'm running current fully updated now 8.0.5, I just think its assinine that Avid would make you completly uninstall and reinstall because the 003 disc doesn't have the eleven folders, it should be as simple as just adding the eleven plugs and op system info. there has to be an easier way then uninstall and reinstall.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:03 PM

You don't have to do anything. Just plug in the 11R and go. It will work fine, as the 11R GUI and everything else is built into all versions of Protools since 8.0.1., whether someone owns the 11R or not. No need to uninstall and reinstall.

The only difference would be if you upgrade to Protools 9, then you would just need to separately download and install the driver, because hardware drivers are separate in PT9, but if you're on 8, that's not needed.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:41 AM

it does come up and I have used it the only thing is the rigs do not show up in my session, I think there may be some info on the disc that I need to update.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadshot View Post
it does come up and I have used it the only thing is the rigs do not show up in my session, I think there may be some info on the disc that I need to update.
what do you mean "the rigs do not show up in my session" i dont know what you mean.

If you have 8.0.5 LE then you dont need to install anything. If you were to install from the disc, it would be either 8.0.1 or 8.0.3, so you would still have to update to 8.0.5, there are not hidden files included on the PT DVD that came with your Eleven Rack. All the version of PT LE were the same. So if you have 8.0.5 LE already you are done.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 04-29-2011, 08:21 AM

The gui is there, the outline of the pedals are there but I cannot access them, where the amps would show up it gives me no option and it is greyed out and says unavailable. I'm thinking you are right Benoni, a full re-install, definitly something the Dev team at Avid need to address just too much time havin to do a full F-Disc of PT and reinstalling.

See below for SS

PT is fully updated and User Options screen set up, Screen Shot

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/230163_1360524429961_1737065003_642326_2144976_n.j pg

Getting Signal and recording with the eleven but no rigs in GUI

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._6095235_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._3894472_n.jpg

Also when I am turning the scroll knob on the eleven rack itself it does update on screen in real time like it shoud but it will not allow me to load or adjust any rigs etc in PT. both S/PDIF Cables are connected and followed and I had already watched your videos on reamping etc before I had even made the post. not sure what i else i can really tell ya from here.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
a full re-install, definitly something the Dev team at Avid need to address just too much time havin to do a full F-Disc of PT and reinstalling.
Just the Avid stuff, not the OS.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 04-29-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
The gui is there, the outline of the pedals are there but I cannot access them, where the amps would show up it gives me no option and it is greyed out and says unavailable. I'm thinking you are right Benoni, a full re-install, definitly something the Dev team at Avid need to address just too much time havin to do a full F-Disc of PT and reinstalling.

See below for SS

PT is fully updated and User Options screen set up, Screen Shot

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/230163_1360524429961_1737065003_642326_2144976_n.j pg

Getting Signal and recording with the eleven but no rigs in GUI

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._6095235_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._3894472_n.jpg

Also when I am turning the scroll knob on the eleven rack itself it does update on screen in real time like it shoud but it will not allow me to load or adjust any rigs etc in PT. both S/PDIF Cables are connected and followed and I had already watched your videos on reamping etc before I had even made the post. not sure what i else i can really tell ya from here.
First you need to check your plug ins folder.

[My]Computer > C:> Program Files ('x86' if on Window 7 64 bit)> Common Files > Digidesign > DAE > Plug-Ins

OR C:>Program Files (x86)> Digidesign>Pro Tools and scroll to find the Plug-Ins folder shortcut.

Once in the Plug-ins folder you need to CONFIRM that you have these plugins in that folder

http://www.box.net/shared/1tu0kyrdp2

if you do not, perhaps you moved them to the 'Unused Plug-Ins' Folder, if so, move them back.

Do you have the Eleven Rack Expansion Pack?

www.avid.com/erxp

And as mentioned above, if you dont have those plugins for whatever reason, then you should uninstall PT then re-install and update to 8.0.5 LE. Be sure to also use the latest drivers that are listed above. No need to re-install your OS or other programs at this point anyway.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 04-29-2011, 09:39 AM

I probably should have asked this before, but what OS are you using? from your pics it looks like Vista. But what version? 32 or 64 bit? Do you have SP1 or SP2 installed?

You also seem to have Adobe Photoshop. If you have the suit, then you should probably disable some of the drivers/programs that get enabled on startup as they are known to cause problems with Pro Tools. Stuff like Switchboard and ServiceManager.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio