Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2010, 10:31 PM

Default Anyone working with Mainstage & PT HD?

I just installed PT 8 in my HD2 system and I am trying to use Mainstage as a way of getting my Logic synths into my PT sessions while using PT to do all my midi programming & editing.

Both Mainstage & PT are running in my MacPro, and I am using the IAC buss to sync them. I have an RME card giving me 8 channels of AES i/o bet Mainstage and PT. So that is all working great and I love having it all in one machine.

The problem is I cannot get the midi channel setup working properly. I am using the IAC buss and I can configure one midi channel, but running multiple midi tracks simultaneously from PT to MS is not working. I think it's just a configuration issue so I am hoping that someone here might be able to walk me through it. Thanks! Billy
Old 11-02-2010, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Anyone working with Mainstage & PT HD?

I am running the same idea. Using a MOTU 896HD with ADAT back and forth PT and Mainstage. Also IAC drivers. Nehmas problemas. I have 8 IAC ports with 16 channels each. Just look how to configure a MIDI track in PT manual. It was very easy. I am new to PT since a couple of months, so give it another try and you will for sure solve it.
I can add some info when I´m in front of PT again.

Edit: After creating a new MIDI track, go to View - Edit Window Views and check I/O then you can set your MIDI port AND MIDI channel. Duplicate that channelstrip and then change MIDI channel to 2 and so on...You should then set MIDI offsets on all MIDI tracks going to Mainstage for correct timing when coming back into PT. Do this in your PT default session.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:48 AM

Default Re: Anyone working with Mainstage & PT HD?

Hi,

Its easier and better to use Logic it self. and set it up as a 16 channel multitumbral player. and use IAC driver (in the midi AMS) to get midi in to logic

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.