Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 12-22-2011, 09:40 PM

Question Re: "EUCON Personality could not be loaded" Error?

Hello, I have followed all the steps on this page and Im STILL having a problem loading my artist control in Pro Tools. Is there any other solutions to me "personality crisis"? I saw that someone posted a download for a new Eucon personality... the link is expired. Any chance at a repost? Many thanks to anyone that has some suggestions.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:46 PM

Exclamation Re: "EUCON Personality could not be loaded" Error?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Hmm. Ok, can you try this?

Navigate on your system hard drive to Users>your account>Library>Preferences and place the following files in the trash:

com.euphonix.eucon.plist
com.Euphonix.EuControl.plist

Then navigate to your system drive>Library>Preferences and put the following files in the trash:

com.euphonix.EuConSystem.plist
com.euphonix.install.EuControl.plist

If that still doesn't work, go to the Euphonix folder in your applications folder and run the uninstaller, restart and reinstall 2.5.7. You probably should trash those same preferences files and Pro Tools preference files after doing so, restart, and test again.
Just got an MC control... I am getting the Eucon Personality could not be loaded. I dont have a library folder. I have reinstalled. I am on Windows 7 64bit. AHHH... Avid why are you always so complicated!

www.WenzMastering.com
Old 10-06-2012, 10:56 PM

Default Re: "EUCON Personality could not be loaded" Error?

Ok, might have been my fault. I didnt set the IP4 address as recommended and when I did I had to reinstall all Eucon programs. Thing was it was working just not with eucon support in pro tools. Thats where I got the error. There really should be more support for these products...Its honestly a bit confusing in the age of no brain technology. Stop making us learn and deal with software that is finicky... They need stronger windows development for everything...

www.WenzMastering.com
Old 08-22-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
This sounds like a corrupt EuCon personality. I've uploaded a new copy of it - download it, unzip it, trash the one currently in the Controllers folder inside your Pro Tools folder, put this one in it's place, trash preferences, restart and try again.

EuCon controller profile
I know this is an old thread but I'm desperate to find out where can I download a clean EUCON personality file?
Old 08-07-2019, 11:46 AM

Hello. I have been trying to connect my avid artist mix to protools. When I go into peripherals and click on the Eucon button I get an error message that says the personality cannot be loaded. I have tried to reinstall version 19.7.0.101 of the eucon app and cannot seem to get pro tools to communicate with application. Any suggestions?
Old 08-08-2019, 09:40 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejoe01 View Post
Hello. I have been trying to connect my avid artist mix to protools. When I go into peripherals and click on the Eucon button I get an error message that says the personality cannot be loaded. I have tried to reinstall version 19.7.0.101 of the eucon app and cannot seem to get pro tools to communicate with application. Any suggestions?
Are you on Mac or Windows ? what version of PT ? Did you try a full uninstall including all prefs then reinstall ?
Old 10-11-2023, 03:56 PM

Hi, I'm also having this issue, tried a reinstall and trashing prefs etc. I can't find the .plist files mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm assuming because Eucon is no longer branded as Euphonix...

Any suggestions?

Many thanks
Tom
Old 10-12-2023, 08:12 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK Tom View Post
Hi, I'm also having this issue, tried a reinstall and trashing prefs etc. I can't find the .plist files mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm assuming because Eucon is no longer branded as Euphonix...

Any suggestions?

Many thanks
Tom
This has nothing to do with that plist fix. This is an error that occasionally happens when something gets corrupted on the system. Have you done the full uninstall (using the EUCon installer) check remove all Apps and remove all prefs. Reboot and reinstall. Make sure PT isnt running during all this.