Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 04-08-2012, 01:44 PM

Default PT HD CORE & HD ACCEL + SSL Delta Link + SSL Alpha Link Noizz

Hi community, i'm really new, this is my first post, and my first year working with protools HD systems, i'm currently working at a studio in Buenos Aires, we own an HD3 system, with Apogee Rosetta 200 , as world clock , Ssl Delta link, SSL ALpha link as interface, and a 192 por aditional channels, im having the following issue, comming from the ssl alpha link, there is somekind of high frequency noise that is affecting equally all channels, so when oping the imput monitoring one by one in PT, the noise increases until all 24 channels of the ssl are being monitored, the thing is that the 192 doesnt present this problem, the noise seems to respond to changes in the playback engine, such as increase of harware buffer, a change in the dsp, etc. Another problem im having is that at sample rates lower to 88.2 k al interfaces lock, but when at 88.2 and above, the 192 doesnt seem to lock, an presents pops, actually this only happens in the outputs, any clue on how the make the 192 lock to que apogee ? the clock chain is:

apogee rosetta >> 192 >> ssl alpha link >> ssl Delta link

Please help me!

Thanks!
Old 09-29-2012, 08:12 PM

Default Re: PT HD CORE & HD ACCEL + SSL Delta Link + SSL Alpha Link Noizz

Were you able to fix this issue? I know it's 5 months later. I am experiencing the same problem and am wondering how it was solved.
Thanks