Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 11-16-2012, 07:50 AM

Unhappy Nothing on ilok / Activation Code won't work

I am attempting to install protools 10 on my macbook. I am running 10.6.8. I have followed all the instructions correctly. This is the student version and it came boxed with the ilok. The booklet tells me that in this instance the ilok should already be authorised. I have installed the program and it all seems to be there on the computer. I have created an account with the ilok website and my ilok lights up when in the usb slot. However when I attempt to open Pro Tools it says

'Error missing ilok authorization for "Pro Tools 10". Please insert the necessarry ilok and restart protools'

I have attempted to activate the the ilok by going to www.avid.com/activation and creating / logging into an account. It asks me for my activation code, however every time I enter the code it says that it is incorrect and possibly mispelt, which it is not.

Please help.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Nothing on ilok / Activation Code won't work

Make sure you're not confusing zeros and the letter 'o'; very easy to do. Also don't use caps lock but the shift key for any upper case letters. Are you using Safari? That seems to work best for anything iLok related. Do you have the latest iLok drivers?

QAPLA!
Old 11-16-2012, 04:03 PM

It is not mispelt. I have already checked that quite a few times. When I go to the ilok website it recognises my disk but says there are no licenses on it. When I go to the activation page it says the verification / activation code is incorrect.

The installation book tells me the boxed version comes with a pre-authorised ilok. Why is the ilok not pre-authorised? I should not need to verify my student identity for the code to work as it says in the book that this is the boxed version and I don't need to do that in this instance.

Is the verification and the activation code the same?
Old 11-16-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWenman View Post
It is not mispelt. I have already checked that quite a few times. When I go to the ilok website it recognises my disk but says there are no licenses on it. When I go to the activation page it says the verification / activation code is incorrect.

The installation book tells me the boxed version comes with a pre-authorised ilok. Why is the ilok not pre-authorised? I should not need to verify my student identity for the code to work as it says in the book that this is the boxed version and I don't need to do that in this instance.

Is the verification and the activation code the same?
Can't answer that as I have the non-student regular version that only comes with a credit card sized card with the PT serial number on it. It came with an iLok but that was NOT pre-authorized - I had to do that myself by going to the iLok site, creating an account then coming back to Avid and entering my PT s/n there. That then sent the license to my iLok account. Went to the iLok site and downloaded my license to the iLok.

Your iLok might not be pre-authorized. They may have sent you a blank one. Or, and I kind of doubt this - the iLok is broke. The light on your iLok - is it on steady or blinking? Should be on steady. Maybe try a different USB port. Speaking of USB ports - is your a regular USB 2.0 or 3.0 port? If a USB 3.0 port that might be the problem.

QAPLA!