Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 04-26-2000, 02:10 PM

Default PT wish list

Hi there!
Since I dont have anything to complain about, here is some wishes.
1. Hardware inserts with software/midi control.
When I am doing a hw insert with my finalizer, I would like a nice user interface of the finalizer to pop up on the screen. It would be real nice to change the parameters from pro tools using the pro control or HUI.
2. More control of fades
3. Be able to remap the funtions on the pro control/HUI.

thanks!
config: 9600/350-8.6-mix++-apogee-HUI
Old 04-26-2000, 03:30 PM

Default Re: PT wish list

I would love to stash my Finalizer & other midi outboard setting with PT midi!
Jules
www.gearslutz.com
Old 04-26-2000, 05:35 PM

open archetecture plug ins. you know, for code people.
Old 04-26-2000, 06:11 PM

Record Backwards!!sdrawkcaB droceR
Disk Allocation that isn't retarted
AutoSensing External Clock / Adat sync ETC..
Customizable colors
make Bars|beats, Midi setup more user freindly (i know templates)

------------------
Tad Banzuelo
[email protected]
Old 04-26-2000, 06:14 PM

Well this sounds like the place to place the list of items that I'd like to see changed in PT 5.x....

1) Playlist grouping... I've asked for this before (about a year ago)

2) Playlist sorting... The choices should be MRU (Most Recently Used) which is the way it works now - and Alphabetically... There's nothing worse than trying to find take number 45 out of 120 when the list is no longer sorted alphabetically.

3) In the Delete Unused playlist dialog... why couldn't the list box be wide enough to actually see the whole track name...????

4) I guess I can set this up in QuicKeys -- but I'd like keystrokes to create a Duplicate or a New playlist for the currently selected track(s).

5) In the Bounce to Disk dialog where you may name the new sound file... the Edit menu is not allowed, so you can't copy/paste a file name.

6) In Disk Allocator, define a drive where all fade files are created... I like to create my fade files on a separate slower drive which is attached to my external SCSI buss. Similarly, when loading a session where the fade files can't be found, prompt for where to create the new fade files.

7) Comments! I think they're great!! Unfortunately they're not tied to the playlist...??? The comments should folow the current playlist (IMO) -- that way you can load another playlist into a track and the comment will still be valid.. when creating a Duplicate Playlist, the comment should be copied and when creating a New playlist, the comment field should be cleared.

A couple for the makers of AutoTune (if they should be watching):

1) How about a key input to track pitch -- when making doubles, I often want to load the pitch graph of the basic into the double, and I have to now create 2 instances of AT -- in the first one across the basic (which is in bypass) I track the pitch and create a curve, then copy it - switch instances of AT to the double track and paste the curve and have to then track the double's curve before I can alter the graph.

2) The Polling error dialog which is displayed if you touch too many controls while tracking is always displayed in the center of the AT dialog -- which you can't dismiss except with a mouse click to the OK button. If the AT dialog is off the screen so the Polling dialog appears off screen... You can't dismiss the dialog and you can't continue your PT session (or save your work, etc. -- you have to force a quit! The warning dialog should be displayed in the center of the AT dialog's parent window (IMO).

Rail

------------------
Recording Engineer
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 04-26-2000, 06:34 PM

I am with you Rail. Those playlist options would be exellent. While we are wishing. I think a history list like in photoshop would be really cool, or at least mutiple undos. 1 undo is not enough.

Cheers

Ramesh
Old 04-26-2000, 10:20 PM

How about multiple automation playlists? Right now when you create a new playlist on a track, all of the current automation data is also used for the new playlist. This mode is probably the most common and desired method, but I would also like the option of having multiple automation playlists.
Old 04-27-2000, 12:59 AM

Something so obvious I CAN'T BELIEVE Digi hasn't gotten it done yet: A keystroke (that would also appear on a little button on the HUI or ProControl or…) for toggling between "Auto Input" & "Input Only" modes… have their design guys NEVER recorded multiple vocal takes or punched in single lines?! My God, E.T. - my mousing finger can only go so fast with pinpoint accuracy - not to mention how the screen conveniently freezes until you release the mouse! I've only been asking since January of '99 - how 'bout it, implementation-boys?!

Warmest Regards,
Brian
Old 04-27-2000, 07:03 AM

If Digi put a keystroke for Auto Input toggling....Well I'd be in heaven..
I hate having to switch that thing over, and looking like a right "Tool" in front of the client when I forget. The alternative is to always be in record, but I don't like doing that when I'm setting levels and compression etc...PLEASE give us a keystroke
Old 04-27-2000, 08:55 AM

Groove Quantize.
Better DSP Sharing.
Auto DSP delay compensation.
Multiple Plugins opened at once.
Insert plugins while in play.
Did I say better DSP Sharing?

------------------
[email protected]
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">quote:<HR>The Greatest Risk in Life is Doing Nothing<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>