Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Charles Dye\'s \"seven course in mixing\"??

Quote:
Ordered mine on Sept 20th and still no DVD!!! Kagi Media has a way to go before I consider them professional.
That's interesting, I live in New Zealand and I got mine within a week of ordering.

I found their correspondence to be fair, but lacking some kind of feedback forum, maybe they are confident their product will reach it's destination.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:25 PM

That's the feeling I got... I was told that they shipped hundreds of DVDs and never had one, not arrive at the destination... I was the first... Good to see that they have a divine connection with the mail service... I find the customer support non-existant, cold, and unhelpful ( I guess that falls under non-existant). It was kinda implied that I was trying to pull one over on them. "It's too early to have a replacement sent out... It's too early to to be concerned ( this was ten days after the oder was placed. I did not know of hear of a company that ships DVD once a week... I worked for Sam Ash back in the early 90's (Pro Audio) and understand the need for once or twice a week shipping i.e large items but DVDs once a week... come on now). If this is the case then they should have a way to track the merchandise sent out, one cannot be that careless in this age of technology and tracking all types of stuff... This is a company that promotes technology.. Anyways I am upset because I wanted to apply some of the techniques I might learn on the DVD to the projects I am currently working on...

BTW... I don't support piracy of intellectual property...
Old 10-10-2005, 01:34 PM

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 10-12-2005, 12:26 PM

OK... Jonathan Kagi stepped in via email. Kagi Media send out a DVD (overnight) after I verified that I still did not receive the original order. 22 days later, I am MiLaR'd. I want to thank Jon for stepping in and making the situation right. I don't know who was fielding my original customer calls/complaints, but the tone and energy exuded on those calls made me re-think, dealing with Kagi. I don't know if the rep was tired, indifferent, frustrated with life, or just depressed (this was on every call), but it was hard trying to get basic answers other than "hey man.. it shipped". Well, I won't dwell on it, just wanted you all to know the matter is resolved, and I am in learning mode. Kagi seems to be a good company, just weird customer support. I will probably pick up the other DVDs, just gotta make sure they're sent via Fedex or UPS.

OK... Kagi.. thumb(s) up... (but with a strained smile)