Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 12-08-2018, 02:20 AM

Default Dolby Media Production Suite for OTT Delivery?

Hi guys/girls,
I was wondering what experience the team has with this suite.
I have been mixing short films in stereo for a while now and upgraded to Pro Tools Ultimate for 5.1 mixing.. "welcome to the world of surround mixing" I hear you cry.
Here is my reason for posting, when it comes to deliverable formats for tv channels, would this "see Title" be the best suite to invest in, I know other companies make similar software.

Thanks for your help here.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:26 AM

Default Re: Dolby Media Production Suite for OTT Delivery?

When you say “deliverable formats for tv channels” can you be more specific? I have been delivering audio to multiple networks and streaming services for years and have never needed this suite.

Are you planning on mastering BluRay? Find the deliverable specs of the networks your planning on delivering to before you purchase software you may not need.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:41 AM

Thanks its2loud,
I completely agree with you there.
I know some networks are looking for a 5.1 dolby digital and a lt/rt or lo/ro space, I was thinking it best to cover my behind with having this plugin suite, could you suggest some others that will work in Pro Tools Ultimate or as standalone outside pt.
Thanks for your help..
Old 02-26-2019, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin new View Post
Hi guys/girls,
I was wondering what experience the team has with this suite.
I have been mixing short films in stereo for a while now and upgraded to Pro Tools Ultimate for 5.1 mixing.. "welcome to the world of surround mixing" I hear you cry.
Here is my reason for posting, when it comes to deliverable formats for tv channels, would this "see Title" be the best suite to invest in, I know other companies make similar software.

Thanks for your help here.
I just got H800s and I was also thinking about picking this up since I wanted to get familiar with this format. The reason was I saw this producer got a production for a dolby gig and he was posting how to best do it.