Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 05-16-2018, 05:37 PM

Default Re: HD ADR wipes generator

Bumping this thread, just got a reply from endpointonline (vm15) saying they wouldn't produce anymore boxes.

Video Slave 3 looked like the most interesting alternative, although not convincing because of some transport limitations (fast forward/rewind/sync-looping...) fundamentally unsolvable due to the communications protocols in place (MMC,MTC,HUI)... which is a pity because of all the interesting features included in their solution, and the fact they handle most video cards.

It just feels like there's a missing piece for ADR and foley rooms today. Would anybody here be willing to build a "simple" HD-SDI genlocked wipe overlay generator, either midi-triggered or beep-triggered? Nothing fancy...
Old 05-17-2018, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopod View Post
Bumping this thread, just got a reply from endpointonline (vm15) saying they wouldn't produce anymore boxes.
That’s boring, they’re good boxes with smooth wipes. I suppose it is a very small niche market though!

Pete
Old 05-18-2018, 12:43 AM

How about this?

https://non-lethal-applications.com/.../video-slave-3
Old 06-04-2018, 10:14 AM

I found a company specialized in HD overlay systems, and they showed interest in developing a foley/adr simple wipe application for their Proteus box, as well as making sure we could input an analog trigger input from our timeline to the wipe. Unfortunately their development cost was to high for our company to handle, but I'll just leave the link here in case anyone else wants to explore or eventually share the development costs. Interactions with the company were thorough and I'm pretty sure they'd have what it takes to complete the project.

https://www.videologixinc.com/proteu...verlay-device/

For the moment we'll just have to stick to Ediprompt, and give VS3 a try in order to include a BM card in the setup.