Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 10-07-2005, 05:58 PM

Default M-Audio ProjectMix I/O

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_u...ixIO-main.html

I'm very tempted. I was thinking about getting an 1814 but now this has come along. It won't be as portable but hey, it has 8 pres!
Old 10-08-2005, 09:45 AM

Default Re: M-Audio ProjectMix I/O

It's awesome.

Much better than the 002 and cheaper to boot!
Old 10-08-2005, 12:04 PM

Yea I seriously want this. It's like my dreams have come true.

Joe
512mbs Ram
Reason 1.0
Old 10-08-2005, 01:06 PM

very cool interface indeed,
The only problem I see with it is it only has one fire wire port on the back,
where as my Fire wire 1814 has 2.

I am going to use the other fire wire port on the Fire 1814 for my external hard drive cause on my laptop only has one fire wire 400.

If I am able to connect my External hard drive to the Fire wire 800 then this would not be a problem.
Has anyone got the Fire wire 800 port to work for a external hard drive with Pro-tools M-power.

Besides that, if it dont weight alot and I can use the fire wire 800 port for my external hard drive, I am thinking about selling my fire wire 1814 for this, because it an all in one unit, and I was thinking about adding the mackie control later on anyway.

Mikey Ace
Old 10-10-2005, 08:31 AM

We don't yet know that PTMP will use the ProjectMix I/O as an audio interface....could just be the control surface part.

Also just want to say, looking at this product, the 002, and the Command|8...what the hell is Digi doing? First they come out with the 002, a control surface and I/O that will ONLY control PT...no MIDI spec or Mackie Control emulation for controlling other apps.... Then they release the Command|8, no I/O, a great control surface...controls PT and has a MIDI spec for generic control of other apps...no MCU emulation. Now the ProjectMix I/O, which emulates HUI, MCU, and has a MIDI spec, AND has audio I/O. It's confusing...

I just hope the ProjectMix I/O has quality preamps and converters. It doesn't have all the surface features of the Command|8 or Mackie Control...but it might be a happy medium.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:57 AM

It will work at an audio interface for PTMP. It says right here on the first line of the description:

"record audio directly into Pro Tools M-Powered (not included) > industry-standard format"

This is the new flagship product for PTMP. (I expect something better like a 003 for LE in the spring). I use PT, Logic, and Live and the ProjectMix can control them all!

Yeah I hope the pre-amps are up to par as well. Hopefully as more magazine/online reviews come out, that will become clear.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:33 PM

Digi-

Can you use this with an existing m-audio card? I have an audiophile 192. Having inputs from there and from this would be da bomb. Either way, MUCHOS PROPS!! WOOT!

I loved the talk at AES... "PT7 is awesome, I think Logic has a serious competitor"