Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2017, 05:11 AM

Default Using one surface to control primary and secondary DAW simultaneously?

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been covered before but I couldn't find any info on the web. I'm trying to use a black-face Artist Mix to control Pyramix on Windows, but also control Rec/Stop transport of a secondary DAW on another machine running OSX via a switch. This secondary machine is controlled using Eucon Workstation MackieControl. I found on Avid's website stating that this is possible to do:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...415?popup=true

But in true Avid fashion the explain-more link doesn't work...

At the moment I've managed to get as far as the 'Enable External Workstations' function which lets me attach and detach the surface's control from one DAW to the other, which works great, but won't let me address both DAWs simultaneously.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm going nuts!
Old 11-05-2017, 05:17 AM

Default Re: Using one surface to control primary and secondary DAW simultaneously?

Just found this thread:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...e+workstations

- so would I need to run the Workstation applet but NOT EuControl? And do I need to switch on 'Enable External Workstations' on the primary machine or the secondary? Or both?!

I'll keep fiddling...
Old 11-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Avid

Default Re: Using one surface to control primary and secondary DAW simultaneously?

The word simultaneously is misleading, you switch between them. Sounds like you have that working?