Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2008, 02:39 AM

Default Color coding channel strips

Been a while since I've been on this forum!

Anyway, I've seen some photos of the mixer in Pro Tools with each channel strip colored, I mean the full strip just just the bottom. How can I do this?
Old 02-27-2008, 03:13 AM

Default Re: Color coding channel strips

Quote:
Been a while since I've been on this forum!

Anyway, I've seen some photos of the mixer in Pro Tools with each channel strip colored, I mean the full strip just just the bottom. How can I do this?
Hi,

I can't remember the exact modifier buttons and i'am away from my rig! but its along these lines so you'll find it...

open the color palete. now hold something like command+option+ click on the color palete. or command+control + click on the color palete. keep trying till you find it. in fact i think you click and drag on the color palete and the colors get darker etc.

If you don't fine it i'll be at my studio in an hour

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:03 AM

I think it's actually Command+Option+Ctrl+Click and drag the mouse up and down for intensity.

Hope it helps,
Timothy
Old 02-27-2008, 07:07 PM

Bring up the color palate. Click on a color bar on a track that has a color on it. Move the curser to the little colored square that is now highlighted in the color palate. Hold down control/option/apple while you move the mouse up or down. The color intensity will go up and down as you move the mouse or trackball.

Mike

(Thanks Karl R.)
Old 02-28-2008, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Bring up the color palate. Click on a color bar on a track that has a color on it. Move the curser to the little colored square that is now highlighted in the color palate. Hold down control/option/apple while you move the mouse up or down. The color intensity will go up and down as you move the mouse or trackball.

Mike

(Thanks Karl R.)
Actually it doesn't matter which colour you pick inside the colour palette - any will do.

Timothy
Old 04-04-2012, 12:18 PM

Smile Re: Color coding channel strips

double click on a color bar on a track in edit or mix window. in the color palette, click the little icon that looks like a rainbow (top of the color palette, and second from left) and all of a sudden all mixer and edit window tracks are colored.

the other short cuts didn't work for me. is this yet another PT HD vs native difference?
Old 04-22-2012, 12:32 PM

Click on the track then click the colour part at the bottom . the colours should show up. Pick a colour. Click on the rainbow this lets the "STRIP" become the same colour as the colour marker. Now go to preferences/display and in (at left) track default colour coding click track colour.

Now your tracks and strips as well as the waveform or all clips should all be the same colour.

If you have lots of tracks that you want the same colour you can do this all at the same time be clicking the first track while holding shift then click on the last track. They should all light up white (those are the tracks SELECTED)in the track name area. Then click at the bottom where the small colour shows when the colour menu comes up chose a colour now all of those tracks and waves or clips should all be the same.

You can adjust things in the colour pallet like brightness
Old 04-25-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarandy View Post

the other short cuts didn't work for me. is this yet another PT HD vs native difference?
Probably because the posts were 4 years old, and the architecture has changed...
Old 04-25-2012, 01:40 PM

nice, great