Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 11-25-2020, 06:23 AM

Default IK Modo Drum and Pro Tools?

Hello!

I recently purchased a license of Modo Drum SE from IK multimedia but I am having a hard time getting it to work on my Pro Tools. When launching PT I get the "not a valid 64 bit aax plugin" message and PT suggests moving it to the unused folder. I am on 12.7.1. Works fine in standalone.

My question is, does anyone of you get this plugin to work with PT? If so, what's you version of PT and Modo Drum?

Marius
Old 11-25-2020, 08:08 AM

Default Re: IK Modo Drum and Pro Tools?

Hei, Marius.
Welcome to the forum.

I can't really help you, it should be working.

But to get any assistance here you really should go to the User CP (left-most in the forum menus) and create a signature with the most basic info on your hardware, OS- and software versions etc.

And have a look here, if you haven't already:
Help Us Help You

I hope you'll get it sorted out.
Old 11-25-2020, 11:38 AM

Hei Ben, thank you for that and thanks for replying. I will do what you are suggesting:)
Old 11-25-2020, 11:59 AM

Added my signature now.
Old 11-28-2020, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariuste86 View Post
Hello!

I recently purchased a license of Modo Drum SE from IK multimedia but I am having a hard time getting it to work on my Pro Tools. When launching PT I get the "not a valid 64 bit aax plugin" message and PT suggests moving it to the unused folder. I am on 12.7.1. Works fine in standalone.

My question is, does anyone of you get this plugin to work with PT? If so, what's you version of PT and Modo Drum?

Marius
Hi,

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall it?
Also have you tried to delete the Pro Tools preferences after uninstall and reinstall?
Old 11-28-2020, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
Hi,

Also have you tried to delete the Pro Tools preferences after uninstall and reinstall?

I would also re-download the installer. Yes, a zipped installer should be fine when unzipped but I’ve had the same problem and downloading a new installer and re-installing again fixed the issue.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 11-29-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
Hi,

Hei Chris,

I have tried deleting the Pro Tools prefs once yes, but not reinstalling the plugin. I will try what you are suggesting, thanks.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jimmy View Post

I would also re-download the installer. Yes, a zipped installer should be fine when unzipped but I’ve had the same problem and downloading a new installer and re-installing again fixed the issue.

Will do, thanks Jimmy
Old 12-18-2020, 10:06 AM

I will give an update. I tried both re-downloading the installer and re-installating, deleting prefs both before and after. No change so far. I even contacted support but I haven't got any reply which suggest they don't know either.

Ofc I am using an old OS now so I am using the last PT update supported with this (12.7.1). However, Modo works in standalone on my OS even though it is old (which is also confirmed on IK multimedia site).

However, since it doesn't seem to be a solution I think I will just have to accept that Modo Drum doesn't work in PT 12.7.1 on my system.

Therefore, since I am still eager to get this working, the only solution left seems be to update from my current version.