Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2000, 04:44 AM

Default Motu USB Midi Interfaces

I'm buying a Pro Tools Mix Plus on a G4/350 and need a midi interface for the conversion of time code to MTC. Did someone try Mark of the Unicorn USB interfaces? The USB Micro Express would be my choice since I do only audio with this set-up. I already use 2 serial MOTU interfaces in my music studio and know them well.

Midimac

[This message has been edited by midimac (edited January 05, 2000).]
Old 01-05-2000, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Motu USB Midi Interfaces

I have a G4/400 and am running the MOTU MTP A/V (USB) with absolutely no problems. I traded in the Serial port MTP A/V for a USB version. It went in without so much as a hitch. Just remember to install OMS prior to FreeMidi. That puts Freemidi into OMS emulation mode. I don't know if this matters, but I've got the PTLE, not MixPlus.

I haven't used all the sync capabilities to test them, but it seems to work fine for midi.

------------------
Larry W.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.