Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 12-25-2011, 11:16 PM

Default Spinning beach ball of death when importing audio from video

Hey Everyone,

I've been experience this problem for about a week or two right now and after countless hours of trouble shooting I have not been able to come up with a solution.

I do a lot of work with video's. I tell pro tools to import the video, the prompt comes up and ask if you would like to import the audio. I say yes. After I say yes it takes at least 3-4 minutes for the audio to import from the video. It doesn't matter if its a 1 minute video or a 15 minute video the spinning ball of death will appear and pro tools will act as if it is frozen. Then the dialog box comes out of nowhere asking where I would like to place the audio files.

My video is running out of a canopus box and the files are in DV format. I didn't experience this when I was importing a video for a feature I did not too long ago. I also have my video's on a separate volume from the projects. I'm on a MacPro 2 x 2.8 quad core with 10 gb's of ram.

I've attempted to upgrade the OS. I'm a 10.7.2 right now. I was at 10.6.8 and I was experiencing exactly the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

***** NOTES:

After running some more test I was able to narrow down the problem. When I have video out firewire disabled it imports the audio instantaneously. But when I try to output the video out firewire it takes several minutes for it switch over. Any idea's here is it something to do with the new version of pro tools? Driver problems?

Thanks!

Chase