Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2010, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Best foot controller for use with Eleven Rack?

Jerry S
Wow they are reasonably priced there, Ive had a look here and they are almost as much as the 11r itself!
Old 01-16-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzza_Boogie View Post
Jerry S
Wow they are reasonably priced there, Ive had a look here and they are almost as much as the 11r itself!
The pedal new on Sweetwater is $399...eBay, $250-300. Whatever you saw priced close to an 11R might have been a package with the GCX audio switcher which new is also $399 but not needed if you are just using the 11r.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:10 PM

I posted in another thread about the Amplitube Stealthboard which functions as a midi controller for other amp sims. You may want to check it out.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:49 AM

would the Line 6 EX-1™ Expression Pedal work? I only need volume and wah and need it small for travel... and hopefully cheap.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:14 PM

Do you think the newer VL Ground Control units contain the template for the 11R....I'd love to get one as well as a Mission expression pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry S View Post
The pedal new on Sweetwater is $399...eBay, $250-300. Whatever you saw priced close to an 11R might have been a package with the GCX audio switcher which new is also $399 but not needed if you are just using the 11r.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Git View Post
Do you think the newer VL Ground Control units contain the template for the 11R....I'd love to get one as well as a Mission expression pedal
I doubt the pedal if ordered today will come with the template. I believe they just released/announced it this week. I'm sure whatever companies have sitting on the shelves do not have it. IMO, it's not needed. The pedal is fairly simple to program and is a good practice to learn anyway.

Good luck with your purchases although I don't think the Mission expression pedal's button will work with the 11R...maybe someone else can chime in on that.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
The pedal is fairly simple to program and is a good practice to learn anyway.
Agreed. Learn how to do it once and you can tailor it to your own needs from now on...

Quote:
Good luck with your purchases although I don't think the Mission expression pedal's button will work with the 11R...maybe someone else can chime in on that.
There was a discussion at NAMM with the Mission folks about an 11R specific pedal... Might check w/ Mission in a few days and see what they're thinking...
Old 01-19-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
There was a discussion at NAMM with the Mission folks about an 11R specific pedal... Might check w/ Mission in a few days and see what they're thinking...
I actually looked at those pedals yesterday... You would need the button, when stepped on, to send the midi CC message to turn the Wah on/off. The pedals don't seem to support midi...yet?
Old 01-20-2010, 08:32 AM

According to James, whom I met on Ebay. I believe he's the guy who makes them or he works there.
We recommend the Mission EP1-R for use with the Eleven Rack. This was his reply to me. I believe the cost is $110

Quote:
I actually looked at those pedals yesterday... You would need the button, when stepped on, to send the midi CC message to turn the Wah on/off. The pedals don't seem to support midi...yet?
Old 01-24-2010, 05:49 AM

anyone heard anything about midi controllers for 11r yet... ill need one soon and want to know where to put my $$