Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 11-07-2017, 03:41 PM

Default When is an audio file not an audio file?

I have an unusual problem for which I'm sure there's a simple solution. I just don't know what it is. I imported session data from a recorded session into my mix template. I need to export a couple tracks from there to iZotope RX6 for some de-clicking. However, none of these tracks I imported show up in my audio files folder. I assume that's because they were imported as session data. How can I turn these tracks into audio so I can get them into RX6? Thanks.
Jim
Old 11-07-2017, 04:49 PM

Default Re: When is an audio file not an audio file?

Sounds like you didn't check the copy audio files on import box.

Either re-import doing the above, or navigate to the session you imported the session data from and use the original audio files from that project.

TBH - I would re-import. At some point you'll copy that session somewhere and realise you can't open it as it can't link to the audio files anymore. HD space isn't an issue anymore. My advice is to ALWAYS copy the audio files on import so that they're always contained in the project folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jglunt2112 View Post
I have an unusual problem for which I'm sure there's a simple solution. I just don't know what it is. I imported session data from a recorded session into my mix template. I need to export a couple tracks from there to iZotope RX6 for some de-clicking. However, none of these tracks I imported show up in my audio files folder. I assume that's because they were imported as session data. How can I turn these tracks into audio so I can get them into RX6? Thanks.
Jim
Hello Jim,
First of all, when importing a session, always tick the force target to session format; so you avoid this kind of thing.
Then for your situation now you have many options, if i understood the issue...
- do a save copy in and select all audio file to be copied with the session.
(in the new session you will have all the audio in the audio folder you can clean them directly) i used to do it like this with PT8, since i used to lack of processing power.
And if i need any original they're still in the old session..

Or you can use RX6 connect and do this from PT directly.

You can consolidate the clips you select and they will be available in the audio folder...

Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2017, 01:09 PM

Thanks to both of you. This worked out great.

Jim