Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-22-2002, 04:02 AM

Default Native Instruments

These guys definately know how to satisfy the customer with much needed products. Anyone know when they will be comming out with FM7, battery, and the other synths for pro tools?

Currently in pro tools there isn't any inserts on midi tracks, might this change? [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2002, 04:13 AM

Default Re: Native Instruments

Battery, B4 and Pro-52 are already available in HTDM and RTAS format (on a Mac) believe they're developing for PC.

Regarding inserts on Midi track - who does support this? I think you're mixing up terms here!

In the mac world (where we can use these with directconnect) or PC (where you have to use a separate card), the effects are inserted on the aux track where the AUDIO stream is coming in - what effect would you like on the Midi track?

Pete
Old 02-22-2002, 04:24 AM

I'm not exactly sure, I'm really new to synths I just happen to demo the FM7 for mac and it was great, but didn't really get a chance to use it within a sequencing program. I'm only used to using outboard modules or synths, but I'm very anxious to learn.

O.K. so thats how its done. Have you used them within protools, and how well do they integrate?
Old 02-22-2002, 10:06 AM

remember that midi is not 'sound', just information that tells your modules what patch and parameters to play, threfore you'll be using inserts on the audio track your midi device is routed to.

As for NI RTAS for PC, I wonder if they (Digi) plan on developing this or will they concentrate on the Direct Connect through 'stand alone' streaming first?

pk
Old 02-22-2002, 10:48 AM

peteri and pk_hat are absolutely correct with regard to the original poster's question; however, here's one PT user who hopes that MIDI plug-ins are coming soon. I'd like to have a killer MIDI arppegiator, intelligent harmonizer, MIDI tempo delay, guitar strum generator... Other wacky stuff. Imagine if you never had to quantize your MIDI tracks. You could just insert a "Quantize" plug-in on a MIDI track and adjust the settings as you saw fit. Parameters within a MIDI plug-in could be automated just like any other plug-in. Other MIDI sequencers have been able to do this kind of thing for years and Digidesign claims that future versions of PT will have juiced up MIDI functionality. I hope MIDI plug-ins are part of that!

Call me crazy,

merwin
Synthtank
Old 02-22-2002, 02:34 PM

I wouldn't exactly call "shrinkage" a feature...I always thought of it as more of a bug. Maybe you meant to quote merwin the musician.
Old 02-22-2002, 02:54 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Marc Rosenberg:
Logic has had this feature for years...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, is it not great?
For them to understand this, i think Real Time Quantizing Term would be more informative. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
http://volcanojazz.com
http://myspace.com/volcanojazz
Old 02-22-2002, 03:09 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by pk_hat:
As for NI RTAS for PC, I wonder if they (Digi) plan on developing this or will they concentrate on the Direct Connect through 'stand alone' streaming first?
pk
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They seem to be having a lot of trouble getting PC RTAS Instruments (RTASi, if you will) to work. They claim to be finished with PC DC but are waiting for a few 3rd party vendors to provide devices so they (Digi) can complete their DC testing. But at the same time, they say that Soft Sample Cell is "Not ready for Prime Time". Oh boy!!!

How can they expect 3rd party vendors to release a product with the PC DC protocol when they haven't even released one? You gotta' "prime the pump" Digi.

So far, I haven't heard of any 3rd party vendors planning on PC RTASi's. NI claims to be working on PC DC though.
Old 02-23-2002, 12:41 AM

You're crazy!!! J/K.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Imagine if you never had to quantize your MIDI tracks. You could just insert a "Quantize" plug-in on a MIDI track and adjust the settings as you saw fit. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Imagine if every time you adjusted the quantize on your midi track it shrinks and disapears...Hope they have some bug fixes in the new version. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2002, 12:45 AM

Logic has had this feature for years....

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by APAULOS:
You're crazy!!! J/K.

Imagine if every time you adjusted the quantize on your midi track it shrinks and disapears...Hope they have some bug fixes in the new version. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>