Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2013, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Serato Pitch 'n Time 3.0 is out

Yep, I find it much snappier on my 6yo Mac Pro. THe guy is easier to read and navigate as well.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard901 View Post
I managed to find the upgrade info:

Login at Serato.com
Then open page:
http://serato.com/pitchntime-le

The last paragraph is:
Existing Pitch 'n Time LE users can upgrade to Pitch 'n Time LE 3.0 from their Products page.

Click on Products page and you will see the upgrade link.
This is not working today.
I've just tried clicking on the upgrade link in My Products.
Now I just see the message The product could not be found.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard901 View Post
This is not working today.
I've just tried clicking on the upgrade link in My Products.
Now I just see the message The product could not be found.
30.12.13 - Still got the The product could not be found error.

I found a thread about the error on the Serato forum.
Serato had posted the following help:
Are you please able to contact [email protected] about this issue? Please provide them with your iLok account details and email address, they will be able to help you out with a Pitch 'n Time update :)

I emailed [email protected] with the details. I got a reply within 24 hours.
Now running Pitch 'n Time LE 3.0.1.
Excellent!!!!
Old 12-31-2013, 05:05 AM

Just a quick Q for you PnT fans (sorry for the intrusion and slightly OT nature of the Q) ....

As regards the 'quality' of pitch and time manipulation using PnT, how does this compare to V2 of Celemony's Melodyne? Is there a quality difference? Or is it mainly a workflow related thing that leads you to use PnT?

I've been using Melodyne for a long time and am comfortable with knowing its strengths and weaknesses, and use it (gently) a lot, but I'm unsure if PnT offers something different/better in terms of quality of output, flexibility/speed of use, etc. etc.?

Older versions of PnT appear in the preferences box where you select your TCE algorithm, but how to you access all its features? Does it appear as a plugin you load into an insert slot? Or do you use it as an audiosuite plugin?

Hope some of you guys have some informed knowledge of Melodyne as well as PnT and like to wade in.

Meanwhile, one the new year activities are over, I'll have a play with the trial version to see what all the fuss is about, how it works!

Cheers everyone.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 12-31-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelpry View Post
Just a quick Q for you PnT fans (sorry for the intrusion and slightly OT nature of the Q) ....

As regards the 'quality' of pitch and time manipulation using PnT, how does this compare to V2 of Celemony's Melodyne? Is there a quality difference? Or is it mainly a workflow related thing that leads you to use PnT?

I've been using Melodyne for a long time and am comfortable with knowing its strengths and weaknesses, and use it (gently) a lot, but I'm unsure if PnT offers something different/better in terms of quality of output, flexibility/speed of use, etc. etc.?

Older versions of PnT appear in the preferences box where you select your TCE algorithm, but how to you access all its features? Does it appear as a plugin you load into an insert slot? Or do you use it as an audiosuite plugin?

Hope some of you guys have some informed knowledge of Melodyne as well as PnT and like to wade in.

Meanwhile, one the new year activities are over, I'll have a play with the trial version to see what all the fuss is about, how it works!

Cheers everyone.
I use Melodyne for voice, P-n-T Pro for everything else and as the default TCE. Works every time.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!