Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2009, 01:00 PM

Question Bouncing all track in seperate waves... ??

Hi Everyone

I have a Pro Tools question..

In the future I will have some projects where I need to bounce all tracks wet in seperate waves.

I have a session with ex. 20-30 tracks or so where i Need all 20-30 track with effects and automix and everything in seperate wave files, so when I lign up these waves afterward somewhere else I get the final mix..

BUT... Isn't there any way at all to do this in a simple way besides bouncing each track after each other and sit and way to start the next one. It takes a year when it bounces in real-time...

I thought about putting it all in a que, or that Pro Tools somehow takes all the tracks after each other by it selv or...??

Just so I don't have to be by the computer all the time to start the next bounce...

If anyone has a solution it will make my day..

all the best
Michael
Old 03-08-2009, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Bouncing all track in seperate waves... ??

Hey Michael, just do this; if u have 20 tracks, make 20 new tracks(maybe color code them differently so u will know what u are looking @) Ok, track 1-set the Output of that track to a bus(1-2, or 1 if it's only mono) then get 1 of the new tracks created, Set the input of that to bus 1-2(or 1 for mono)

Repeat this step up until u r done with all ur tracks & then record the audio onto the NEW tracks u created(making sure they're named accordingly)...

Now everything is lined up as regular & then u have all ur effects on the tracks as well; U can then disable the tracks where the effects are; Ok, now what u have to tell us, is do u have any auxes where u bussed some tracks to? (thatz another post)

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 03-08-2009, 02:24 PM

Hi,
this is a good workaround keybeets suggested if your track count is high enough to take all the new tracks in one go.
My personal wish (which isn't realized in any sequencer I know): A batch processing (offline if possible) to bounce all the tracks one after another. One should be able to choose how Send-effects will be handled (e.g. the Send-FX of each track can be printed into the track, be isolated into "juice" tracks or written into single FX files per instrument).
That would be great and would help a lot of people who don't mix on their own.
I'm mixing a lot and have often been asked how to prepare things for a mixing session.

Kind regards

Mark
Old 03-08-2009, 04:20 PM

Thank you very much... why didn't I think of that )

Actually the waves names are not that important, so it's an easy solution....

You just save me a lot of waiting time )
Old 03-08-2009, 04:22 PM

Koolz; glad we could help On'Eim

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY

Old 03-10-2009, 09:35 AM

OK... I've thought about it again, and I think I misunderstood the part about auxes... I thought you ment external effects... I do use one room on a bus, where all the tracks that need room is send too... After thinking about it I guess there will be some problems here... Because won't the room from all the tracks be in every single track then..
I mean if I hear the new piano track alone, won't I have all the other track in the room on that track ??

Am I right or is there a way to avoid that ?
Old 03-10-2009, 10:00 AM

Things that u Send too a bus don't get recorded @ all; even when u record the tracks down, sends are still Just that...U get what I mean?...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY

Old 03-10-2009, 01:31 PM

OK.. so I thought correct

So in that case there are no solution at all, than to bounce each track separately one after another in real-time... sad...

Am I the only one who have been asked to deliver all the tracks after mix ?
Old 03-10-2009, 01:39 PM

Normally when mixes are done, thatz that; record company/artist(acting as record company) provide a Hard Drive & get the master session; hell As far as mixes are concerned, that have that on a CD for master..

If they want som1 else to take a look @ the mix, thatz kool to but thatz on them & their bill as to where another ME will start basically from 0...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY

Old 03-10-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Ziebarth View Post
My personal wish (which isn't realized in any sequencer I know): A batch processing (offline if possible) to bounce all the tracks one after another. ...
Available for a while in both Nuendo and Logic Pro (to varying degrees). Very handy time saver!

Hassan