How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2020, 08:15 AM

Default Various info on reinstatement

Hello everybody,
I am a pro audio dealer from Italy. Especially since the lockdown, I'm selling quite a few reinstatements, and I get asked a lot of questions from my clients. A lot of this questions are not easy to answer, even if I thoroughly searched the AVID site and this forums.
I'll post a few here, hoping someone will help me with definite answers.

1 - It is not clear, when buying a reinstatement, what licences will be left to the client, depending on what licences he currently owns. The only definite answer is that PT10 is never taken away, but what about the others? I know for sure that if you have 10+11, you get 10/11/12/Perpetual, but what if you have other combinations, or just 12, or...

2 - About the "Perpetual" license: does it works with 2018/2019/2020? Or just with the versions that are available for download? For example, I personally just upgraded from 10 and got 10/11/12/perpetual, but 2018 is not available for download: will my license work with a 2018 system?
I'm asking because many people (myself included) have multiple systems with different OS, and might need to install 2018 on some systems.

3- About Digilink I/O license: I know from experience that if you have a 9+10 license, when you upgrade you get a Digilink I/O. Since I'm not sure on which release the Digilink I/O was introduce, I wonder if there is a situation where a client with an old license will have to buy a Digilink I/O when upgrading. This should not be the case if he bought AVID converters, but I would like a definite answer.

4 - About Educational: am I correct in saying that if you bought an Edu version, and you are not eligible any more, you just get regular renewal/reinstatement and can keep your license up to date?

Thanks to anybody that can give me definite answers.