Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2014, 03:09 PM

Default Problem Importing Window Configurations...

Pro Tools 11.2.0, Windows 8.1.

I don't seem to be able to import Window Configurations so that they work in a new session. Per the Reference Manual:

"You can import Window Configurations from another session using Import Session Data. To import Window Configurations:

1 Choose File > Import > Session Data.
2 Select the Window Configurations option.
3 If you only want to import Window Configurations, click the Session Data to Import pop-up menu and select None.
4 Click OK."

I followed the instructions, except, in the Import dialogue, I can't find the "Session Data to Import pop-up menu" only a "Track Data To Import" sub-dialogue/pop-up menu.

The Window Configurations do import to the Window Configuration List - I can see them - but they don't do anything when selected by clicking on them, except open up the Edit Window Configuration Dialogue, or toggled with the Num Pad shortcuts.

Is this a bug or is it working for others?

Thanks,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 08-09-2014, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Problem Importing Window Configurations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
I followed the instructions, except, in the Import dialogue, I can't find the "Session Data to Import pop-up menu" only a "Track Data To Import" sub-dialogue/pop-up menu.
I am 99% sure that's an error in the documentation. "Track Data To Import" it is.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:44 AM

Well, I put "Track Data To Import" to none and I still have the same problem, the Window Configurations do import to the Window Configuration List - I can see them - but they don't do anything when selected by clicking on them, except open up the Edit Window Configuration Dialogue, or toggled with the Num Pad shortcuts.

The session I'm trying to import the Window Configurations to is identical to the one I'm importing from, same plug-ins, tracks, assignments, etc.

Not a big deal as I just redid my Templates with the Window Configurations I wanted, just wondered why the import of Window Configurations didn't work for me; if it was a bug or something I was doing wrong.

Thanks,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 07-08-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
Well, I put "Track Data To Import" to none and I still have the same problem, the Window Configurations do import to the Window Configuration List - I can see them - but they don't do anything when selected by clicking on them, except open up the Edit Window Configuration Dialogue, or toggled with the Num Pad shortcuts.

The session I'm trying to import the Window Configurations to is identical to the one I'm importing from, same plug-ins, tracks, assignments, etc.

Not a big deal as I just redid my Templates with the Window Configurations I wanted, just wondered why the import of Window Configurations didn't work for me; if it was a bug or something I was doing wrong.

Thanks,

This behavior persists through today and I'm on OS X. I consistently import window configurations from my template and although they appear in the window configurations window, the plugins associated with the window configuration do not open unless I manually open them and then update the window configuration.