Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2013, 10:29 AM

Default Mbox Mini Headphone Jack No Sound

I recently purchased an mbox mini that came with protools express, and everything seems to be working fine except for the headphone jack in the front. When I plug my headphones in, I get no sound. If I plug them into one of the monitor outputs in the back, it works but I would really like to be able to get the headphone jack working. Any ideas? Thanks
Old 12-30-2013, 07:38 AM

Default Re: Mbox Mini Headphone Jack No Sound

Is it the orrigianl Mbox Mini (not Mbox 2 Mini)? Just want to be sure.

The headphone output is supposed to be the same as the monitor outs on the back (outputs 1/2). Can you try adjusting the Mix knob?

This knob mixes between input and playback.
Mbox Mini gives you the ability to monitor your analog input signals while recording, without the delay incurred by A/D/A converters and this knob mixes between input and playback. Mbox Mini gives you the ability to monitor your analog input signals while recording, without the delay incurred by A/D/A converters and host-based processing.
This zero-latency analog monitoring is controlled with the Mix knob, which you can use to blend and adjust the monitor ratio between Mbox Mini analog inputs and Pro Tools playback.
To listen to just the source input signal, turn the
Mix knob fully left to Input. To listen to Pro Tools output only, turn the knob fully right to Playback.The output from the Mix control is routed directly to the Mon Out (Monitor Outputs), and is mirrored in the Headphone output.
This ability to blend and control the relative levels of Pro Tools playback and latency-free live analog inputs can be particularly effective when overdubbing.

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM