Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2003, 11:57 AM

Default Re: BOMB FACTORY UPDATE.

Eric Persing is the mastermind at Spectrasonics, makers of Trilogy, Atmosphere, and Stylus.

also the person behind Ilio, major sample company.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:01 PM

Quote:
...now all we need is digi to let UA/mackie release RTAS plugins! come on digidesign your customers have spoken!
The decision not to make RTAS plugs seems to be in the hands of Universal Audio...not Digi. I asked one of the UA owners about future plans for RTAS plugs for Windows (at NAMM this winter). He said "...their company had no interest in doing that at this time...". (Kind of a standard answer I get from most plug-in developers I talk to at trade shows).

BTW, they used to make an RTAS reverb called "Realverb" for mac a few years ago. Back then, the company was called KIND OF LOUD.

(Just to clarify my statements above, I was speaking about "Host-based RTAS". I just saw another post on the DUC re: an RTAS version of their DSP-based UAD-1 card. I did not talk to Bill about that).
Old 09-08-2003, 04:08 PM

Actually, UA changed their stance recently and changed their FAQ to include:

RTAS Clarification

As mentioned in our recent Pro Tools Clarification statement which is also posted here, we have publicly stated that we have no plans to support the RTAS format at this time. Since posting this clarification we have received a substantial amount of feedback from many users who in fact do want us to support RTAS. For the record we would be happy to discuss such a wonderfully creative collaboration with Digidesign at any time.

If you search the TDM forum, you'll find a discussion with UA about RTAS support.

Rail

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 09-08-2003, 05:53 PM

Digi originally told them (strongly encouraged them) to go for the TDM market.
Old 09-09-2003, 01:12 AM

Rail,

i must at first point out and laugh at you registration date "12/31/69". How the heck????

Next if i am not mistaken at one point UA was planning on bringing their UAD card to not just pt le but pt in general. I remember signing up for information so that i could order one as soon as they came out. I remember one week getting an emaill were they basically touted that their dsp card for 1 grand was much more powerful then a tdm dsp card which cost much more. That made me even more excited even though i knew that they couldnt test the exact same plugins on each for actual results. Then i remember a couple of days later getting another email with them partially retracting the statment via digi's orders and their decision (perhaps lost their digi priveledges), no longer to work on and to can support for pt with their UAD card. Things kinda hit the fan cause both companies remained quiet about the whole issue.

i think this is why we dont see any pluggs from them on pt. I dont know if its digi saying no, or them saying we are still pissed off. Either way they have always handled themselves quite profesionally unlike Erik and BombFactory.

Christian
Old 09-09-2003, 02:51 AM

Quote:
must at first point out and laugh at you registration date "12/31/69". How the heck????
... I was only two years old when i join the DUC