Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2003, 03:23 AM

Default digi002 and Creamware Pulsar2 together?

Is anyone using this combination (or other similar DSP solution)?

I was thinking of linking them via the ADAT interface.

Will I experience any latency issues if I use a DSP effect as an insert in ProTools?

Thanks,

Lars
Old 08-05-2003, 10:02 AM

Default Re: digi002 and Creamware Pulsar2 together?

Quote:
Originally posted by LEV:
Is anyone using this combination (or other similar DSP solution)?

I was thinking of linking them via the ADAT interface.

Will I experience any latency issues if I use a DSP effect as an insert in ProTools?

Thanks,

Lars
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah Lars, I'm using two different DSP cards with PTLE/001. I have an OASYS PCI and two Pulsar II's. They're wonderful, I love them - outstanding synths and effects.

I experience a small amount of latency whenever I pass audio to either DSP card out of my PTLE mixer inserts and back in (except on Master). It's not really a problem as long as you nudge your tracks accordingly.

One way to avoid latency is to bus your entire mix, via ADAT, to the creamware mixer and add effects to certain tracks. The problem with this concept is you're limited to 8 bus tracks. (In this instance, creamware effects would not be on PTLE inserts, but rather on creamware mixer inserts). Just one of the limitations imposed on PTLE users but easily dealt with.

There's no latency when using Creamware or OASYS synths, though.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:44 PM

Default Re: digi002 and Creamware Pulsar2 together?

Thanks for the reply B.Ray.

I've just received the digi002, but I haven't got to the point of linking the two.
When you nudge, do you go by your ears, or are you calculating the exact number of samples?

Really looking forward to make this combo work!

Thanks,

Lars