Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2003, 03:51 PM

Default erase a session

Hi everyone!
I still don't realise the reason of it but one of my sessions somehow turned to be corrupted(didn't play).I created a new one and imported all audio tracks to restore the session.Then I deleted that corrupted session and found that all audio tracks from the new one were gone too.I had them back and now pondering how to clean it up.I really don't want any unused stuff on my disk because of free space limitation and every single bit does matter for me.
Would be appreciated for any advice.
Old 07-19-2003, 07:18 AM

Default Re: erase a session

I have had a similar problem with missing audio regions at least on duplicate sessions. To avoid deleting the audio regions from both sessions when deleting only one session, do this.

When importing audio from the old session to the new, make sure you choose "copy region" rather than "add region". The reason is that when you choose "add region", both sessions share the same audio file (from the audio folder of the original session). When you choose "copy region", a duplicate region is actually made and stored in the audio folder of the session you are importing into thus making the new session an independant session which doesn't share audio with the original session.

Another solution would be to just open the session you want a copy of and go to "file" and select "save session copy in...". Just make sure you have "all audio files" checked in the window that comes up after you select "save session copy in...".

Once you do either one of these options, you SHOULD be able to delete the old session without disturbing the new session.

As a safegard, you could always burn the original session to a CD before deleting anything so you at least have the audio files saved in case the same problem happens again.
Old 07-19-2003, 02:19 PM

Thank you much for your explanation.
Old 07-19-2003, 07:03 PM

I made a new copy with "all files" box checked and got the "disk allocation" messade.What's that mean and what am I suppose to do with it?
Thanks in advance.