Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2016, 01:33 PM

Default To Trade in or simply exit the Avid World?

I don’t know who else on this website find this new found Avid business practices distasteful but I do. Lately, I have been “dreaming” that I might upgrade my software but of course nothing runs with 002R. I heard that Apple OSX Yosemite works with PTLE 11 and rack 002R. But could I find PTLE 11 anywhere? anywhere Avid? Yes I found Yosemite on the apple website and was able to download it. FOR FREE! But a search of PTLE 11 just yields blanking PTLE 12 and the blanking PTLE 12 yields the Blanking HD, which cost a million dollars. Where the Blank does Avid think people are suppose to get money from to support those prices. At least Apple allow all their computers even those going back to 2009 to be able to upgrade to El Capitan. With Avid, if you want an upgrade you have to pay a ridiculous amount for the software and buy a new ridiculously priced hardware to go with it…this to keep them within the 1% ranking as the wealthy, and yourself within the 99 percent working class.

The thing that really pisses me off the most is the fact that they are offering you $500 if you trade in your 002R for a $5000.00 HD. Avid who ever your are, where the Blank do you think that people are suppose to get that kind of money? Well you can delete my post if you don’t like what I am saying… I have been a Protools user since 2002 and let me tell you if you don’t start offering things at more affordable prices you are going to loose a lot of your customers. To add to this you Avid think that by allowing us to buy yearly subscription they are making it more affordable? Well there are those like myself that see it as an utter rip-off!!!