Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2005, 05:54 AM

Default 002 RACK POWER SUPPLY ISSUE

i just had the infamous problem with the 002 rack power supply...turned on my unit the other day and it was a sad state of affairs. the mute button lit up but nothing would work and pt could not recognize the hardware, etc.

but wow, even though i bought my unit in 2003, digi was on top of it and a free replacement kit arrive the very next day. i installed it and even used the anit-ox cleaner on the contacts and the gold contact enhancer fluid to make sure it was done right. the thing that scared me was the sly statement in the instructions, "if this problem occurs again, just repeat the cleaning process..."

i can't help but be paranoid, but is this whole breakdown possibly going to happen again? thank god it didn't happen durring a gig, but i don't want to be worried about the "if it happens again". has anyone else done this repair and then had to crack open the lid to fix it again??

Pro Tools Ultimate, Mac Mini 3.2 i7, Mtrx Studio & Omni, 4x S1’s & Dock w/ iPad Air 2
Old 04-22-2005, 06:51 AM

Default Re: 002 RACK POWER SUPPLY ISSUE

Quote:
i can't help but be paranoid, but is this whole breakdown possibly going to happen again? thank god it didn't happen durring a gig, but i don't want to be worried about the "if it happens again". has anyone else done this repair and then had to crack open the lid to fix it again??
Yes. It's a common issue with the type of connectors digi uses for the power supply. However, if you treated the contacts and put it all together in a snug fashion, it'll probably be years to never before you see the problem again.