Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-14-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Re: ****UPDATED HERE ******

Keith,

I'm not exactly sure how vulnerable these accounts can be, but I would delete your ilok accounts name and user ID from your last post (not that we don't trust anyone here ).

len b.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Re: My Latest (PT) Nightmare...this is unbelievabl

Generally, I come to the DUC, read about some person's misfortune setting up their computer, not being able to run PTLE with out errors... and I feel kinda bad.

But there is something about this thread that really upsets me. I read it any my blood start to boil. Maybe, it is because Keith's economic losses for using and trying to transfer the Wave plugings are needlessly SO LARGE, this it rises to the level of IMMORAL. That must be it, because I am so repulsed by this that I don't think I am CAPABLE of buying a Waves product. It actually makes my stomache turn.

I'm trying to make some sense of their policies, and I can find no reasons. Other than the fact that they are able to do it, and do. That's it. And probably because it is to their econimic gain. It would appear that how these policies effect users is not important, because if it was, then they would change them.

So, I must conclude, that by their actions Waves is speaking clearly that they do not care how their WUP/transfer/ilock policies effect users, because they want to increase their economic gains. There can be no other reason. Now, how can I get excited about this! This thread makes me very sad.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:39 PM

Wow, just a lot of misunderstanding on things that Waves clearly explains.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:46 PM

RunRun, post your proof on all accounts. thanks
Old 03-14-2005, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Wow, just a lot of misunderstanding on things that Waves clearly explains.
Your kinda saying, as it seems to me, that Waves explains their policy in the EULA and on their website, so that makes if OK. Well, it's not OK to ME!

Actually, the problem is that I understand all to well. Waves could easily make this right, not only for Keith, but for everybody who owns Waves products, and they don't. That's pretty clear to me. This is not just about Keith. Keith is just one of many victims of Waves policies. And if they don't change those policies, there will be many more. It's about BAD business.

I can prove it. Ok, lets say that I now want to sell my Gold bundle because I think Waves sucks. Well, my WUP, which was free with an upgrade, expired in January. OK, so I now have to first renew the WUP. Since I have it on an ilock with my restoration bundle...dam, it's starting to get pretty nasty for me, too. In fact, I'm already in the same boat as Keith. I just haven't decided to sell yet. And I understand the situation perfectly. But it doesn't change the fact what I am going to have to do, if I want to sell. And there are thousand of users in the same situation. And Waves makes the rules, because they can and because they made the products.

It looks to me that Waves is pretty powerful in the audio business and they are forcing some pretty ugly things down our throats. So, that leaves us just one option. If you don't like it, then don't buy their products.

I was in the Army for several years, and there was a saying we use to joke about, it was "Eat ***** & Smile". well, I was willing to do that in the Army, because it was for our country, but I am hardly willing to have the same attitude for an audio company, who is treating their customers BADLY!

I would still like to hear somebody defend Waves policies on WUP, ilok and transfers.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:16 AM

Stop with this [bleep] and quote me where Waves clearly explain how much it (THE WUP) will cost you (THE WUP PRICE IS NOT WRITTEN ANYWHERE IN THEIR SITE)

RUNRUN next year you will be happy upgrading to diamond BUT can you understand that it is AFTER upgrading to diamond that you will disenchant. And you will sing another song...let's talk about this in mmmh... two years ?
Old 03-15-2005, 12:23 AM

Quote:
I would still like to hear somebody defend Waves policies on WUP, ilok and transfers.
You can´t defent somebody who´s ripping you off.

I don´t know if it´s legal or not but the fact that Waves is doing it and all the others don´t shows me the business behaviour of Waves.

And yes I liked their plugs but that´s all positiv I can say to that company.

Cheers Wolfgang
Old 03-15-2005, 03:54 AM

If you go to the support section of the Waves site you have the links to all the things that caused you problems:

-Authorizing Waves
-Ownership Transfer
-WUP
-iLok

Each link tells you of the requirements and proceedure.

If you log into your Waves account and select get WUP for any authorized bundle the WUP price will come up.
You can select which ones are included to allow you to see the total.

Like it or not there is no reason why you couldn't have seen the problems you encountered prior to starting the wheels on motion.

You have already right to be upset at Waves, but are you made at the policies they have in place or are you really made because you twisted yourself into the situation and couldn't find a easy way out.

If you don't care for their products then don't do business with them and move on.
I only see one victim in this whole matter, the guy who was trying to get a deal on some used plug-ins.
At any rate this discussion no longer seems to have a purpose, it's becoming a crusade so I'll just forget about.
Best of regards
Old 03-15-2005, 05:12 AM

I'm sure there may be a logical explanation if one were to connect the dots with the folks at Waves. I have never known any policies that aren't maleable to some extent on a per case basis. You do however need to stop disscussing the matter with folks at the front end over there. I'm sure they have been well programmed to respond to many possible customer complaints -and particularly if it somehow points to their bottom line. If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest tracking down the person with the authority to make changes and to allow for bending of their policies. While I agree that it is a ridiculous amount of money they expect you to pay them, after already having paid them as much as you have. I am sure you aren't the only one that has had to go through something like this with them. I apologize if this has already been tried, just giving my 2cents worth based on my experiences (not with Waves but in general)

For the record, I don't really know how big the Tennesse office really is - all the principals and HQ is in fact in Tel Aviv. That ultimately just makes things harder because software laws and what have you differ from place to place -

If this sort of thing continues to happen I'm pretty sure Waves will feel the heat one way or another - already from this thread they've apparently lost future revenue - It makes one consider whether they don't deserve some proliferation of the cracked versions of their products. It reminds me of the Cellular phone industry areound 1996 - at the point where 60% of all cellular calls made on any Friday night were being made from cloned illegal phones they brought the price down so dramatically that folks without 6 figure incomes could afford them.... if left with no other choices, they will change their tune - hopefully their tune will change in this case specifically but I am talking about longer term backlash - It starts somewhere small and eventually enough people hear about it or experience a little bit and it becomes a giant unstopable wave - Pun intended.

Or to put it another way - the meme concerning Waves Ltd-fair-business-practices-jihad...
Old 03-15-2005, 05:48 AM

Anybody is able to find the price of WUP ????

i can't, when i click in my user account to get WUP i get:

Quote:
You have two options to retrieve the latest version of your products:
1. Get WUP on this page – be eligible for any version update for a year – free of charge.
2. Upgrade your product to a bigger bundle – get additional plug-ins, WUP is included.

If you choose to upgrade your product to a bigger bundle –

click on the ‘Upgrade’ blue link to the left of your product in the main page of your account. You may also contact your local dealer for his upgrade prices.
Click here to find your local dealer.

No products to dislpay