Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Re: My Latest (PT) Nightmare...this is unbelievabl

All Waves customers are not unhappy, more of us are happy than people realize.
As I have said and suggested many times, when you are dealing with Waves make sure you are talking to the right individual.
I have had them consolidate bundles, give special pricing, waive WUP fee, and reauthorize an ilok.
I started out with the Dondle based NNP (and we all know how long ago that was) and migrated upward with various bundles and then consolidated them into one large bundle for a minor fee.

I do however feel your pain.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:16 AM

Default Re: My Latest (PT) Nightmare...this is unbelievable

Keith, I would like to thank you for posting this episode. All Waves owners, like myself, need to know what type of company we are dealing with. This policy about not transfering legally purchased and registered products from one ilock to another in an economically feasable manner is simply another form of business GREED!!! Waves needs to realize that they exist and continue to exist because of the customer. Expanding, upgrading, and selling unneeded studio assets is just a part of growing and getting better. Software assets should be no different, especially, when LEGALLY PURCHASED and REGISTERED. At the very MINIMUM, if Waves doesn't trust us, we should be able to send the ilock to Waves and let them split the bundles to another ilock for a modest fee. And I can only transfer a "fully upgraded" WUP verstion!! That sounds like a pleasant way to make gobs of money from loyal customers.

I am going to send an email to Waves about this event and express my displeasure. I would also recommend everybody else with Waves plugins do the same. In Keith, we can see the real results of UNFAIR business practices. If this is what I have to look forward to for supporting and buying tons of Waves stuff, then it may be time to STOP buying... because guess who's next?

And, yes, I have my Waves Gold and Restoration on the same ilock also.

This if from the Waves website, and is total balony!!!

Quote:
When buying a Waves software product second hand, please note that Waves requires a US$150 fee for the service of transferring the ownership of that product to your Waves user account.

Transfer of ownership can be done only if WUP is paid in full or is currently available for the product sold.

For more detailed information, contact Waves Sales Support.

For those that wish to post in Support of Keith, here is the Sales Support link.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:40 AM

Keith, I sent and email in your support.

I believe Waves should:

1) refund your WUPs payment; (let the new owner purchaes this option if he desires it.)

2) refund the "transfer" fee; ($150 is crazy!)

and 3) split any bundles you desire to a separate ilok for a miximum fee of $25-35.

Good luck, Keith.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Keith, I sent and email in your support.

I believe Waves should:

1) refund your WUPs payment; (let the new owner purchaes this option if he desires it.)

2) refund the "transfer" fee; ($150 is crazy!)

and 3) split any bundles you desire to a separate ilok for a miximum fee of $25-35.

Good luck, Keith.
Hey Keith,
I'll put in my words for you too. This is rediculous in my opinion.
Don't let down.

Allen
Old 03-13-2005, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Keith, I would like to thank you for posting this episode. All Waves owners, like myself, need to know what type of company we are dealing with. This policy about not transfering legally purchased and registered products from one ilock to another in an economically feasable manner is simply another form of business GREED!!! Waves needs to realize that they exist and continue to exist because of the customer. Expanding, upgrading, and selling unneeded studio assets is just a part of growing and getting better. Software assets should be no different, especially, when LEGALLY PURCHASED and REGISTERED. At the very MINIMUM, if Waves doesn't trust us, we should be able to send the ilock to Waves and let them split the bundles to another ilock for a modest fee. And I can only transfer a "fully upgraded" WUP verstion!! That sounds like a pleasant way to make gobs of money from loyal customers.

I am going to send an email to Waves about this event and express my displeasure. I would also recommend everybody else with Waves plugins do the same. In Keith, we can see the real results of UNFAIR business practices. If this is what I have to look forward to for supporting and buying tons of Waves stuff, then it may be time to STOP buying... because guess who's next?

And, yes, I have my Waves Gold and Restoration on the same ilock also.

This if from the Waves website, and is total balony!!!

Quote:
When buying a Waves software product second hand, please note that Waves requires a US$150 fee for the service of transferring the ownership of that product to your Waves user account.

Transfer of ownership can be done only if WUP is paid in full or is currently available for the product sold.

For those that wish to post in Support of Keith, here is the Sales Support link.
John,
I totally agree with you on this. As you know I have been a Beta tester for the past 4 years for Waves and I doubt anyone has promoted their products as much as I have on this forum. Their technical support was second to none 4 years ago and they had an excellent reputation for client service.
I put an email into both sales and a friend of mine at the company that I work with on Beta plugins. If they don't resolve this issue in a fair manner I'm going to withdraw from testing and supporting their products in the future. This is total BS.

Allen
Old 03-13-2005, 09:33 AM

Quote:

This policy can't be good for Digi either. This means that if you wanted to upgrade to TDM and own Waves v4, you can't sell it unless you sell your hard drive with it One less reason to go to DTM from Native

So this makes this thread even more debatable
Old 03-13-2005, 10:03 AM

Ok I sent them one last email. My last post on this thread, Ok... gotta calm down.

Here is what I sent:

Quote:
I'm just writing one last time to express my displeasure with your customer service, iLock policy, transfer policy and demo policy etc. The list goes on.

I bought the Platinum bundle last year and I wish I had it to do over because I would buy someone elses products.

Here are two links to current discussions regarding your products and policies:

http://messageboard.tapeop.com/viewtopic.php?t=27881
http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...7&fpart=1&vc=1

And I really like that I have to pay you $200 a year just to be able to "sell" my bundle. The WUP is way too expensive and feels like extortion. The post by Keith Owens just confirms that all you care about is getting my money.

I'd go into more detail but when I have in the past I just get a few sentence reply suggesting I can call, on my dime, to "discuss it further". No thanks.

John Huntsman
Portland, OR

Old 03-13-2005, 04:21 PM

Hi Keith..

It is a bit hard for me to grasp this madness. OMG...they seem to limit your options in a downright nasty and greedy manner ..That stuff (however good it might be .. ) is a piece of code, that you have purchased the license for. Nuckin Futs !!
Hope you'll do as I do...hardware baby ! I pay for it, I can see it, touch it resell it, or even modify it ! And they look good.
Sorry to hear all that crap,
a friend,
andrew

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 03-13-2005, 04:59 PM

Not trying to defend or offend, but I think we have to always remember to do our homework when planning to sell any software.
Regardless if it's a DIGI001, a plug-in or whatever, to be sure that we understand the proceedure if any for transferring ownership.
The whole aspect of software licenses is just too grey to make assumptions.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Not trying to defend or offend, but I think we have to always remember to do our homework when planning to sell any software.
Regardless if it's a DIGI001, a plug-in or whatever, to be sure that we understand the proceedure if any for transferring ownership.
The whole aspect of software licenses is just too grey to make assumptions.
RUNRUN, this policy was not in place at the time many of us purchesed this software. We only knew about the $150- transfer fee. Now a new condition has been imposed. This could be the cause for a class action lawsuit if enough users were to join together. Writing Waves about this greevance is a great idea. I would also recommend including a line about legal action may be forthcoming.